Benfica Podcast #104 3/4/14

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Benfica Podcast #104 3/4/14

Postby afumacas » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

In this episode....

We get things started by recapping Benfica's second leg of the Europa League against Paok. Carrying a 1-0 aggregate into Estadio da Luz, Benfica was in complete control of the match and put a nail in the 2nd leg with a 3-0 win over Paok.

Next up, we recapped Benfica's visit to the Restelo. Perhaps Benfica's ugliest performance in recent memory, yet the team controlled the game and came out of this game with the 3 points, thanks to Gaitan's wonder strike.

Lastly, we preview the crucial game against Estoril at estadio da luz this coming weekend. Fresh off their win at the dragao against porto, Estoril has to be taken very serious, especially when the memory is still fresh from last season's game, when Benfica gave away the championship against Estoril.

thanks for listening
please subscribe via Itunes, Stitcher radio or RSS feed.
afumacas
Junior

Re: Benfica Podcast #104 3/4/14

Postby Mdot » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Another good pod cast. I can't agree more that this Estoril game should be treated with the most respect. These guys cost us the title (more like Martins getting a stupid red card).

Great point on the offside goal this weekend, there was a offside Belenenses player right in front of our keeper which could easily justify the offside, even then it's very clear we got robbed against Belenenses in the first half of the season.

As the importance of playing at home in the second leg in a tournament, assuming its an equal match up and the game ends at a draw, you get to play extra time and pk's in your home stadium with your fans giving you that extra push. So for me I will always take away leg first because if the result is not what we like we can fix it on our grounds.
Mdot

Return to Multimedia