Benfica Podcast #97 1/14/14

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Benfica Podcast #97 1/14/14

Postby afumacas » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

We start with the Classico. A convincing victory, in a dominating perfoirmance i hadn't seen in a while against the team from up north. We look at the emotional atmosphere, the players motivation, Oblak's start, and we breakdown JJ's 4-4-2 and explain why it worked so well.

Next up, we look at Matic's exit. With the pen very close to hitting the paper at Chelsea, we explore some of his reasons, question the sale amount, and look at who will be his replacement. The possible candidates? Fejsa, Andre Gomes, and Amorim, with perhaps Andre Almeida as a long shot. We look at what each one brings to the table.

Continuing on the transfer wave, we look at Rodrigo possibly going to Russia with Garay, and offer our opinions on the logic of the move for both players. Lastly, we discuss the latest rumor that Real Madrid has signed Siqueira for next season. Again, we offer our logic.

To close out we preview Benfica's upcoming matches. Leixoes this Wednesday for the League Cup, and Maritimo for the league. Coming off an emotional win, we ponder whether using a second line against second division Leixoes would be the best option. There should be no shortage of motivation against Maritimo this coming weekend, as they were the only team to beat us this year.

Thanks For Listening

Please subscribe via Itunes, Stitcher radio or RSS Feed
afumacas
Junior

Re: Benfica Podcast #97 1/14/14

Postby Mdot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Another great podcast. Interesting idea on picking out the best players in each department for the first half of the season and the surprise/disappointments.

For me it would be: GK-Oblak, D-Garay, MD-Enzo- FW-Rodrigo Best improved/surprise Ruben, biggest disappointment would be Lima.

Even though I hate seeing starting 11 players leave the club, I just feel we have too much depth to have it kill our season. We still have the talent to run past the majority of teams in our liga to keep top place. We get points off Sporting at home and I would like to think that this year that final match again Porto will just be for pride. I think at the rate Porto are playing they will just keep dropping points and Sporting will eventually drop off due to how thin their squad is.
Mdot

Return to Multimedia