Benfica Podcast #95 12/30/13

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Benfica Podcast #95 12/30/13

Postby afumacas » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:43 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

In this week's episode....

We are back after our Christmas break, we get right into. We recap Benfica's league game against Vitoria Setubal, that took place before the Christmas. Once again JJ gives our opponents a first half head start. He made a few adjustments, at the half, and proved all of us right. Enzo should be played in the middle. We look at the 4-3-3 and the partnerships of Fejsa,Matic,Enzo and Matic, Amorim, Enzo and discuss which one offers what.

Next up, this past Monday's Portuguese Cup against Nacional. While our negative style points keep accumulating, the positive results keep showing up. Which goes to show the individual talent this team has. It's not only the best in the league, but we could very well be way ahead of our opponents, were JJ to get this team to play to their potential.

As the January winter transfer draws near, we discuss some of the rumours being written, with the most attention being paid to Matic, we also talk Olah John and Djuricic.

To wrap it up, we look ahead to this weekend's game against Gil Vicente at Estadio da luz. It's the Portuguese Cup round of 16 and while we should be winning this game on paper, Gil Vicente will be playing with no pressure, and knowing that they have already played very well against Benfica at Estadio da Luz this year.

Our 100th Episode is drawing near, we are asking fans to record a brief audio message showing your support for the podcast.
you can email it to benficapodcast(at)gmail.com

thanks, please subscribe via Itunes, RSS Feed, or Stitcher Radio
afumacas
Junior

Re: Benfica Podcast #95 12/30/13

Postby Mdot » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Great timing on this podcast, I sadly had to go into work this morning and this gave me the best distraction. The dirty pictures was pure jokes! I think I found a sample of what you were talking about…

I love the idea of 25million + Mata for Matic. As much as I hate the transfer rumors but on the same note I love them for the crazy ideas/stories. I honestly think this is like David Luiz all over again, we said we were not selling him and come the Jan window when we were under performing and we sold him for good cash. If the offer comes, he’ll go. I also think Chelsea are willing to take a cup tied player. Lastly I fully agree with letting Ola go on loan.

Have a happy new years!
Mdot

Re: Benfica Podcast #95 12/30/13

Postby afumacas » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 pm

The problem is that we are not under performing. I'd have to go back to when Luiz got transferred, but i am willing to bet we weren't tied for first. I don't think Benfica will entertain anything under 30. Even then, being in in all 4 competitions will make the decision harder.

Happy New Year my friend. Thank you for all your support, and your participation in the Podcast. Here's to a healthy, and prosperous New Year, and to many more participations in the pod.

Forca Benfica!
afumacas
Junior

Return to Multimedia