Benfica Podcast #92 12/3/13

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Benfica Podcast #92 12/3/13

Postby afumacas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

In This Episode....

We start off by talking about the Anderlecht game. A self complicated game, where our resilience and the quality of individual talent, hidden and emerging, gave us the much needed victory. Not only can we still dream, but we can also be glad to see Sulejmani and Rodrigo give huge contributions to the team.

Next on the agenda, Rio Ave. While our performances have been less than stellar, we keep finding a way to win crucial games. Following our usual individual player rants, the victim usually shows us of, and this week it was different with Lima snatching two goals and doubling his season tally. Yes that's right, you heard right, last seasons prolific scorer has been a shadow of last season, perhaps these two goals are a sign he is finally out of a slump. Whether that is the case or not, he was the man of the moment, as he helped us get the precious 3 points and leapfrog porto into first place.

Benfica plays last place Arouca this weekend, in a game that has all the makings of a trap game. We discuss the approach to this game, possible rotation in some positions, and whether Lima and Rodrigo should continue to start, now that they are both coming into a warmer period of form.

To finish off we look at Benficas last group stage game in this year's CHampions League. Benfica must win their last game, if they are to have any chances of getting to the next stage of the competition. Regardless of whether the already qualified PSG will field a second squad or not, there's only one result that serves us, while we keep an ear in Greece, and what Olympiakos will be doing against Anderlecht.

Thanks for listening.
Please subscribe via Itunes, RSS Feed, or Stither Radio
afumacas
Junior

Re: Benfica Podcast #92 12/3/13

Postby Mdot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Just took a hear as I was curious how it sounded. As way of background, part way through the podcast my laptop reset (stupid windows 8 auto update) and I reconnected via my cell phone. There was one part where some parts where I was cutting out and I apologize. Alfredo and Neil kept going on like pros while I tired to reconnect.

I was one twitter this morning, there was a bit of back and forth with a couple of guys on Sporting. Personal, I just don't think they have the depth or have shown they have to the quality to beat stronger sides like Benfica/Porto. Neil made a point that if their top striker goes down, it'll be hard to see how they can keep that up. Whereas for us we lost Cardozo and are still getting the results.
Mdot

Return to Multimedia