Episode 89 11/12/13

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Episode 89 11/12/13

Postby afumacas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

In this Episode...

We center our attentions around the Derby. Definitely one for the ages, but perhaps one that we could have done better as a team. We discuss the the starting 11, and the idea that Almeida could have very well have sat the bench were Maxi not traveling. We also look at the repeat of the 3 man midfield and dive into some of the reasons why it has greatly improved our playing style.
Next up, the 10,000 lb gorilla in the room - our defending of set pieces, has we have allowed a total of 9 goals this season from set pieces. Just like the goal allowed in Greece, Sporting was able to get back into the game as a result of 2 set piece goals. We take a look at zone defending in corners, and why after 4 years it's no longer working for us. Is it lack of execution? A JJ tweak? Or have teams devised a plan to explore the weakness in a zone defense? As the pod rolls along, we turn our attention to the center figure of the match, no not Patricio, but Cardozo. Steve and I, come forth as we were the ones who were strongly in favor of his departure in the beginning of the season, we explain why. To finish off on the derby, we discuss Sporting's post game attitude, and Benfica's response via official statement.

Lastly, we look at the team's moment, what Amorim's absence will mean to the 3 man midfield, and how this 2 week stoppage will affect the team who has clearly picked up a favorable momentum.

Thanks for listening,

Please subscribe via Itunes, RSS feed, or Stitcher radio
afumacas
Junior

Re: Episode 89 11/12/13

Postby Mdot » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Great intro to this podcast, gave me a good laugh at the office today. They touched on our midfield options and in my opinion I think we're fine given all the depth we have. Some of these recent injuries has insured JJ is rotating which is a good thing. At the end of the day the team just seems to be getting stronger, hopefully we can work out defending set plays and we'll be good.
Mdot

Return to Multimedia