Benfica Podcast #85 10/16/13

Any other media which does not fit into the sub-forums below

Moderator: Canadian_Benfiquista

Benfica Podcast #85 10/16/13

Postby afumacas » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:38 am

talkingtothedoll.podbean.com

In this episode...

With no game this past weekend, we get right into the previews.. First up, Benfica's first game in the Portuguese Cup against Cinfaes. Cinfaes who is in Portugal's third tier, will host Benfica. We look at the Town of Cinfaes with a little bit of history, and we speculate on the 11 JJ will field.

In the second half of the pod, we turn our attention to Benfica's third game of the Champions League, as Benfica will host Greek side Olympiakos. Roberto, Saviola, Paulo Machado all have ties to Benfica, as does Fejsa, as he arrived at Benfica from Olympiakos.

it's a short one, enjoy

Thanks for listening
please subscribe via Itunes, RSS Feed or Stitcher Radio
afumacas
Junior

Re: Benfica Podcast #85 10/16/13

Postby Mdot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Pretty cool description of the Taca. I fully agree we need to play our bench on this game, give guys who haven’t seen much playing time and it would be ideal to see someone from the B-side getting called up.

On Roberto, we had him for one season, he played almost all our matches and he cost us some crazy goals and I was happy to hear we got our money back from him. Personally he has had some amazing moments but I think he hasn’t lived up to his potential. I do think the pressure of being back in our stadium, where he blew his big opportunity will give him motivation but if he lets in one bad goal, our fans will have a field day with him which could just throw off his game even more. It’s a must win on this CL match, I do think this Greek side will be a bit more panicked about having to win in their stadium if they lose to us next week and we can try to play that to our advantage. At the same time if we drop points next week their confidence will be at an all-time high while ours will be likely shattered. So this is a must win to not only qualify for the knockout rounds but to have some hope of recovering this season.
Mdot

Re: Benfica Podcast #85 10/16/13

Postby afumacas » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 am

You called the ROberto, All the way..
afumacas
Junior

Return to Multimedia