Nicolás Gaitán #10

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Nicolás Gaitán #20

Postby Benfiquista » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Goal wrote:
Manchester United Tracking Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan
The Argentine player has been in excellent form at the Lisbon-based club, and his performances have not gone unnoticed in England.
Manchester United are keeping tabs on Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, according to a report in news daily Record.

The Argentina international joined Benfica from Boca Juniors last summer for €8.4 million as a replacement for Angel Di Maria and he has managed to hold down a place in coach Jorge Jesus' side. It is believed Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is a longtime fan of Gaitan and dispatched a scout to check on the Argentine during Benfica's Champions League qualifier against Trabzonspor on Wednesday, in which the winger played an important role in his club's 2-0 victory.

The Scottish tactician will reportedly continue observing Gaitain throughout the season as the winger, who can also play in the center of midfield, aims to help Benfica win the Portuguese league.

Fuck off United :wave You guys are good with Giggs, Park, Nani, Valencia, Obertan, and Ashley Young. Maybe we can do business in two years time :up
Benfiquista

Postby MichaelSLB » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 pm

He's too good to sell now, other clubs should back off :lol2 . By the way, what is Gaitans release clause?
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Miccoli30 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:37 pm

man united must be pissing in the wind if they think there getting nico giatan :benfica
:nnflag
Miccoli30
Junior

Postby SLB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 am

For me he is going to have a super season...I think he is primed to go all out.
Man Utd don't want him now even if the stroy is true.
Next Summer maybe different.
Good point on the release clause...anyone know what it is?
SLB
Manager

Postby Benfiquista » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm

SportsNewsIRELAND wrote:
Man United Linked with Benfica Star
Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan is reportedly being watched by Manchester United ahead of transfer window. Gaitan is the latest Benfica player to be linked with a move to Old Trafford following speculation that his team mate Javi Garcia.

The players agent Jose Iribarren however has done little to quash the rumours of a move, although he failed to mention United his did add fuel to the fire by claiming that some big clubs were watching the player, reportedly telling the Record: ‘I know there are big clubs watching Gaitan but, so far, no one has contacted me to express interest in an official way.

‘I think this is a natural situation, as he is playing in the Champions League and has been recalled to the Argentine national team. It is normal there is more interest.’ Big-spending Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be interested in the 23 year old who joined Benfica from Boca Juniors in a £7.2million deal in 2010. The Argentina international has impressed during the early stages of the season, and caught the eye during his sides 1-1 Champions league draw with United.

I think Gaitan is smart enough to know that he won't get many games at United since Young and Nani are killing it for them at the moment. Also PSG is no better then us.
Benfiquista

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Well he said that he is happy at Benfica. Lets hope that pushes all the transfer rumours out the window. :ok
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Mdot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 pm

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=294887
Gaitan renewed until 2016 - Buyout currently at 45million Euros

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=294896
"I renewed to stay" - Gaitan

Nico Gaitan intends to meet in full the new contract with Benfica, valid until 2016. "We agreed with the club and I am very pleased to renew. I hope to fulfill the contract. It is a club that treats me very well and I feel very comfortable. I'm relaxed and I will continue to do on the field I have been doing, "says the Argentine, told Benfica TV . "fans treat me very well. I'm glad I signed today [Tuesday] contract and hope to stick to it. To be renewed, "warrant. Discharging the second season at Benfica, Gaitan said to have lived "good and bad times" the breast of an eagle, something he considers "normal for a football player." "Today you may be in a period less kind and another can be a good time", he says.

Always great news to see us paying our players more to get them to stay for the long term. Worst case 45million is nice cash.
Mdot

Postby Mdot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 am

Sorry I also noticed an article on the main site.
Mdot

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:20 am

Well thats pretty much the start of Nico's exit :laugh

It would be great if he honored his contract. But he wont. If we get half of his buy out i would be stoked.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 pm

SkySports wrote:
Prem Interest Flatters Gaitan
But Benfica star only concentrating on Old Trafford clash
Argentine winger Nicolas Gaitan has admitted he is flattered by speculation linking him with moves to Premier League giants Manchester United and Liverpool. But the Benfica star insists he will remain with the Portuguese club after recently signing a new contract until 2016.

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly targeted the 23-year-old following his impressive UEFA Champions League display against the Red Devils in September. However, Gaitan is purely concentrating on helping Benfica reach the competition's last 16 with victory over United at Old Traffordon 22nd November.

He said: "I am very lucky to play for a club like Benfica. "I have been flattered by the rumours from the Premier League, but my desire is to remain with Benfica until the end of my deal. It's nice that Ferguson has spoken very well of me. But Manchester United is only in my head because it will be our next match in the Champions League. It's a big match and I want to go and obtain our pass for the second round."

I would like to keep Gaitan for at least one more season and then sell him to Man United for the suppose €40Mill that their offering us.
Benfiquista

Postby MichaelSLB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I would rather keep him at Benfica. If we sell key playes every year, it will be difficult to try go deep into the Champions league knock out stages
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:53 am

According to goal.com Barca are interested in Nico and sent a scout during the classico...

Looks like he will be taking off next summer if these rumors are true.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:44 am

Well if we got United and Barca that start fighting for him, it wouldn't shock me if we push for the 40million. Another player purchased for 5 to 10million and potentially sold for 4x's the value 2 years later. I know it sucks to lose these players but at the same time our buying power keeps increasing and so does our ability to pay higher salaries.
Mdot

Postby Juan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 am

I dun mind selling Gaitan to either Barca or Man U in a few years time. But most of the time we cant keep hold of our buyout clause (like we sold Coentrao to Real in the summer), whereas Porto is selling Falcao to Atletico Madrid for 40m which is quite close to his buyout clause! Is it down to the club's debt?
Juan
Mascot

Postby Mdot » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Juan wrote:I dun mind selling Gaitan to either Barca or Man U in a few years time. But most of the time we cant keep hold of our buyout clause (like we sold Coentrao to Real in the summer), whereas Porto is selling Falcao to Atletico Madrid for 40m which is quite close to his buyout clause! Is it down to the club's debt?

What are you talking about? We got the full buyout for Fabio and in addition got Real to drop the buyback option on Rodrigo, so we got more then that buyout was worth in that deal.
Mdot

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion