Nicolás Gaitán #10

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Nicolás Gaitán

Postby SLB » Sat May 08, 2010 11:25 am

Looks to be a decent signing but like most did not know too much about him until now......Di Maria is on his way now
SLB
Manager

Re: Nicolás Gaitán #20

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Portugoal wrote:
I Had Other Offers - Gaitan
Argentine wants to make "history"
One of Benfica's new faces this season is Nicolas Gaitan and despite having featured very little for Benfica in the team's official matches, the Argentinean wants to contribute a lot more and bring more silverware to the club's trophy case. The 22-year-old is seen as a very promisimg player and a fixture in future Argentina national teams. But Gaitan is not thinking about that yet as he simply wants to integrate himself into his new surroundings and will do everything, and anything, he can to help the team win.

"I will always try to do my possible best, for the shirt, for the club, for my teammates, for the people who have shown confidence in me and brought me to Benfica," said Gaitan on Benfica TV. "I had a lot of of other offers to play in Europe, maybe some that were more financially rewarding, but in terms of sporting reasons, what interested me most was Benfica."

"I started to refer to the reasons that brought me to choose Benfica and they kept increasing: it's a club with great history, there are a lot of Argentine players and they will be playing in the Champions League. These reasons motivated me. Benfica is a huge step in my career and I hope to do the best that I possibly can and become a part of the club's history."

That's all great to hear Gaitan, but now it's time to show your worth...We really need to get this guy going out on the wings...Anyone know if his fit enough to play against Nacional this weekend?
Benfiquista

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

He should be back for Nacional, it would be over two weeks by the time comes and he wasn't seriously injured.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Gaitan is assured another cap in October when Argentina face Japan, according to the manager!

It can only be good for us, values the player and maybe, when is fully adapted here, he can be a potential first teamer in Argentina in the future!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby miklos-russia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 am

Happy birthday, Nico! Still not too happy of your play, but you have a big potential, and you must show it in Benfica. Wish you all the best this day!
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Mdot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 pm

miklos, try to look at it this way. Nico has already scored and passed both the first and second seasons combined that Di Maria had. Just a few more goals and he'll match Di Maria's final season with us at a younger age and his first season with us. I think he has amazing potential and I hope we get to see it for a few years at the club.
Mdot

Postby Aguia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 pm

I can't fault Gaitan, he's coming along well especially as it seems winger isn't his best position. As Mdot mentioned, he's worlds better than Di Maria when he first arrived, who frankly, didn't have the best attitude until his last season with us.
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 am

This guy is a rock star for us. For his first season and his age, he is developing like no tomorrow. I can't wait to see how he ends the season for us.
Mdot

Postby miklos-russia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 am

You are right, guys, sometimes Nico is doing great. But I still ask for more. Maybe for too much at his first season. We'll see.. Anyway, I don't look for a replacement at all, I want him to develop as a great player only in Benfica!
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Forcaslb29 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am

I believe Nico's true position is behind the striker so hes been playing out of position, in a few years he'll when aimar is gone who knows maybe even next season, when he plays in his proper position this guy is going to explode, and hes a damn good player as it is right now!
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 pm

TribalFootball wrote:
Benfica Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan in Sights of Liverpool
Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan is in the sights of Liverpool.

The Mirror says Gaitan has caught the eye of Liverpool scouts who are now monitoring the 23-year-old Argentinian international. The left-sided player moved to Portugal from Boca Juniors last year and scored the goal against PSG which put Benfica into the Europa League quarter-finals.

Gaitan is regarded as Argentina's next big thing after Palermo star Javier Pastore.

The first sniff for Gaitan. I hope he doesn't become another Ramires who just stays in Portugal for a season and then goes to England the next.
Benfiquista

Postby Mdot » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm

It would be a massive let down to see him leave right away. He has shown the potential to be better then Di Maria. So I hope we can keep him a bit longer. At the same time if we get another scenario where we sell for 20-30 million and make another massive profit, it will only continue to help increase the club’s spending power.
Mdot

Postby 1904 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Site Admin

Postby Benfiquista » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:41 am

Nice vid. BTW Nico won't be representing Argentina in next months Copa America tournament. In a way I feel sorry for him that he missed out, but at least his staying with us for pre-season training.
Benfiquista

Postby Miralem » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 am

he was a great signing i hope coentrao stays so they can both grow with the club
Miralem
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion