Nicolás Gaitán #10

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Nicolás Gaitán #10

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Name- Osvaldo Nicolás Fabián Gaitán
Date Of Birth- 23 February 1988
Place Of Birth- San Martín, Argentina
Height- 5'8
Playing Position- Winger/Attacking Midfielder

Wiki Link
ZeroZero Link

Haven't seen Gaitan play, but could be a Pablo Aimar successor for the future.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2010

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:32 am

im not sure why we would need another central attacking midfielder........I'd rather us spend that money on another crafty speedy winger. Like maybe a Bruno Gama or Vierinha, that can come on off the bench or battle for a starting role with ramieres etc...
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby Miralem » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:26 pm

on portuGOAL it says we have signed gaitan

Nothing offical though
Portugoal wrote:
Report: Benfica Lands Gaitan
Boca Juniors starlet to arrive this summer
Radio Renascenca has reported that Benfica and Boca Juniors have reached an agreement whereby forward Nicolas Gaitan will make a move to the Portuguese giants this coming summer.

Should the news be accurate this will be Benfica's third summer purchase as the Lisbon side has already sealed the signatures of Franco Jara and Fabaio Faria. No numbers were mentioned as to how much the 22-year-old would cost the Aguais or the duration of the Argentine's contract.

Neither club has made any offical statement regarding the transfer.

Also found a vid on him and he looks like Di Maria in action lol
Miralem
First Team

Postby 1904 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am

As the article states neither club have made an official statement but the rumours seem to be quite strong.
Site Admin

Postby Darko87 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Gaitan looks very promising, we'll see how will he settle in Portugal... ;)
Carrega SL Benfica!! Напред Бенфика!!
Darko87
Junior

Postby Miralem » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 pm

wozer95 wrote:
on portuGOAL it says we have signed gaitan

Nothing offical though
Portugoal wrote:
Report: Benfica Lands Gaitan
Boca Juniors starlet to arrive this summer
Radio Renascenca has reported that Benfica and Boca Juniors have reached an agreement whereby forward Nicolas Gaitan will make a move to the Portuguese giants this coming summer.

Should the news be accurate this will be Benfica's third summer purchase as the Lisbon side has already sealed the signatures of Franco Jara and Fabaio Faria. No numbers were mentioned as to how much the 22-year-old would cost the Aguais or the duration of the Argentine's contract.

Neither club has made any offical statement regarding the transfer.

Also found a vid on him and he looks like Di Maria in action lol

i did not write this WFT
Miralem
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm

LOL how did that happen?...I was the one who posted it, but somehow it switched to your name :?
Benfiquista

Postby Miralem » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Benfiquista wrote:LOL how did that happen?...I was the one who posted it, but somehow it switched to your name :?

but i also posted something about gaitan and portugoal and what why dream team for next season whould be?? how strange :o :o :o
Miralem
First Team

Re: Nicolas Gaitan

Postby Benfiquista » Mon May 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Gaitan signed for five years...He costed us 8Mill...Seems like we are going to spend loads once again this summer...I hope this guy can perform well for us...He seems very promising
Benfiquista

Re: Nicolás Gaitán

Postby Benfiquista » Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Portugoal wrote:
Benfica Tie Up Deal for Rising Argentine Star Gaitan
Midfielder puts pen to paper on five-year contract
Benfica have officially announced the capture of Boca Juniors attacking midfielder Nicolas Gaitan. The Argentinean cost the Lisbon club 8.4 million euros and will sign a five-year contract pending a successful medical. The highly rated 22-year-old has played three times for the full Argentina team, and is seen as the replacement for compatriot Angel Di Maria, who is almost certain to be sold this close season.

However, as well as playing on the wings, the adaptable Gaitan can also fill the role of playmaker or a withdrawn forward, thus giving Benfica coach Jorge Jesus cover for the positions usually occupied by two other Argentineans, Pablo Aimar and Javier Saviola. The high transfer fee lends more weight to the feeling that Benfica are preparing to cash in on some of their highly valued players as they try to balance the books as well as maintain a team that can compete in the Champions League. As well as Di Maria, speculation has been rife about the future of defender David Luiz and striker Oscar Cardozo.

Gaitan is Benfica’s third signing for the 2010/11 season. Centre-back Fabio Faria (Rio Ave) and forward Jara (Arsenal Sarandi) have already been bought.
Benfiquista

Postby 1904 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 pm

The club would only spend this much if they know there will be money coming in... most likely it will be from the current squad.

Anyway, very interesting signing and I hope he is better than Di María :D
Site Admin

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Tue May 04, 2010 2:43 pm

I think all that we can ask is he is just as good as di maria, because i think next year will be di marias coming out party!!! he still has to explode! But if Gaitan can come and play the wing/aimars role im satisfied, still need a consistant winger i feel.

Urreta, as much as i like him, hes still too young and we need someone other than ramires to help him out
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby DEAD42 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Just like everybody else here, I know nothing about Nicolás Gaitán. However, what makes me believe that this is a good signing is the fact it was made with Jorge Jesus as our coach, and all of his signings have payed off so far. On top of that, he has been called up to the Argentina national team which is a plus as well as the fact that he plays for a big club in Boca Juniors. The youtube video of him is impressive, however almost anyone can look good on a youtube video. I just hope this doesn't mean that we are selling Di Maria, because I'd like to see him stay at least one more season and get Champions League exposure, which would boost his value.

The only negative about this signing is that he's not Portuguese. I'm a very strong believer that a club should have a national core. Too much samba and tango and not enough fado.
You can call me "voice of reason" or the "Jorge Jesus of the forum."
DEAD42
Junior

Postby Miralem » Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm

plz DONT loan him out
Miralem
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 pm

DEAD42 wrote:The only negative about this signing is that he's not Portuguese. I'm a very strong believer that a club should have a national core. Too much samba and tango and not enough fado.

LMAO...I like it, I like it :up I think I'm going to start calling you the voice of reason :laugh

Anyways hoping Gaitan is more consistent than Di Maria...From the YouTube videos I watched he seems like a great little player, but like the "Voice of Reason" said, anyone can look good on YouTube
Benfiquista

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion