Luisão #4

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Luisão #4

Postby Benfiquista » Fri May 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Name- Ânderson Luís da Silva
Date Of Birth- 13 February 1982
Place Of Birth- Amparo, Brazil
Height- 6'4
Playing Position- Centre-Back

Wiki Link
ZeroZero Link

It seems certain Luisao is going to leave Benfica this summer...I really don't want him to go because his been our best defender the last couple of years, but if a good offer comes in then Benfica should sell...If he leaves I hope M.Vitor, David Luiz, and Sidnei steps up...So where do you guys think he'll end up?...My guess is Man City because he said he wants to play in the EPL one day, and Man City are the only club in the EPL that want to see him from what I'm hearing
Benfiquista

Re: Luisao On His Way Out?

Postby SLB » Fri May 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Agree with everything you said there....if he really wants to play in England then this is his only shot...do not think he will be as good there as he is for us....Ricardo Rocha syndrome again
SLB
Manager

Postby Aguia » Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 am

SLB wrote:Agree with everything you said there....if he really wants to play in England then this is his only shot...do not think he will be as good there as he is for us....Ricardo Rocha syndrome again

Although if he leaves i would take Rocha back from Spurs, so long as the price was cheap.
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby SLB » Sat May 30, 2009 8:22 am

You might get Rocha on a free if only to get him of their wage bill.
He is on a reported £50K a week and that I know from a pal of mine who works for the club.
Although for me Rocha is no longer a force
SLB
Manager

Postby dblock » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Would be the biggest loss for us on the field, but this is a business and S.LB. need the money. Also i Hve confidence in our other C.B.'s they are young but all have alot of potencial.
dblock
Mascot

Postby SLB » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 pm

If we can get very good money for him then it will be the right time to sell...
Also I think his mind is now set on a move away
SLB
Manager

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 pm

It's only fair to we let him leave if he wants to. He has been outstanding for us and if he wishes to earn more and play in a better league than he should go at the right price.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby SLB » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Yep...Man city looked the likely destination a few weeks ago
SLB
Manager

Postby Mijorho » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:35 pm

If they get a good offer they should sell him. He's put in wonderful work here. I don't fault someone of his ability to want a move to the Premiership. At the same time he hasn't complained at all and has appreciated his time here.
I would be against selling him just for the sake of selling him.
Mijorho
Substitute

Postby SLB » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 pm

But if he stays then our sqaud is looking very strong for a title challenge
SLB
Manager

Postby Mijorho » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:02 pm

SLB wrote:But if he stays then our sqaud is looking very strong for a title challenge

I think that is the club's thinking if they keep him. Last season the goal put forth to QF was to make the CL this season. It didn't happen. With the summer activity, I believe the club to telling Jesus to WIN the league this year.
Mijorho
Substitute

Postby SLB » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:50 pm

I think we have a chance to win for sure.....
SLB
Manager

Postby slb4life » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:28 pm

it will be tough to win this season,with or without Luisao.I hope he stays though we need a leader on defense but man city seems like the best bet for him.we will have no chemistry on the feild,and a first year coach with the club.Do we have a chance?yes,we are benfica but it will not be easy.I just want SLB to do good in the ECL cause we have been stinkin it up in Europe for a few years now.
Death to Vale E Azevedo & Pinta Da Costa!
slb4life
Junior

Postby SLB » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:24 am

When you look back at last season we underachieved.....this new season will be different...we have a good chance
SLB
Manager

Postby Mijorho » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:54 pm

SLB wrote:When you look back at last season we underachieved.....this new season will be different...we have a good chance

Last year was quite unsettled especially early on. It's understandable with a new manager that the team needs time to gel, but QF took forever to settle on his top 11. I recall watching the squad every week and wondering if these guys ever played together before. Their play wasn't defined at all. Cardozo was snubbed early on by forcing Suazo into the lineup. Sometimes Aimar would play as a forward sometimes he'd be a CAM. Amorim was wide right one week, inside the next.
I like our preseason schedule and I just want Jesus to find his best 11 and hit the season running.
Mijorho
Substitute

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion