Luisão #4

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Luisão #4

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I would want him to stay at least one more year.(Although I don't mind if he stays with us until his 35 or something.) But he can't just leave our club at such an important time, that's disrespectful. If he wanted to leave , he should of informed Benfica when the transfer season started not when we playing Champions league games.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Mdot » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 pm

I just read another article on this issue and I'm hoping it's just being blown out of proportion by the media. I understand if he's pissed but I can't see him leaving. If he didn't want to be at the club he could have stayed in Brazil and used up the rest of his 30day vacation, instead he cut his vacation short to join the squad. At the same time you never want to see any negative comments coming from the captain.
Mdot

Postby MichaelSLB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Any negativity in a player can stun the performance on the pitch.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Some Benfiquistas Whistle at Luisao
Some Benfiquista's :geez Is Luisao being like a certain Fabio Coentrao and forcing his way out of the Club? No! His being a true professional about it and he already stated, "If I stay, it will not be against my will." Some fans really have to learn not to believe the media too damn much because half the time all they write is bullshit.
Benfiquista

Postby BenfiquistaJon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Booing him and jeering him is a sure fire way to ensure he keeps thinking of a move away, if he wasnt thinking about it before he may well be now/

Whenever a player pulls on the shirt he should be applauded........end of story

:benficascarf
BenfiquistaJon
Junior

Postby SLB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:47 am

PSG link still has some legs in it....If he goes then we need to move fast
SLB
Manager

Postby MichaelSLB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:49 am

When does Luisao's contract end with Benfica?
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Mdot » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Just like I thought this was never going anywhere. I'm glad he's staying, he's a great player for us and has been one of the few in the modern game that has dedicated his full career to us.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=278950
PSG shuns Luisão
Why Drafting

Paris Saint-Germain gave up hiring Luisão. According to French press, the French club is still interested in signing a central defender, but Benfica's Brazilian left the list. The Journal du Dimanche quoted a source close to the investor group PSG to ensure that the club has between 10 and 15 million to hire a central defender, but that surely will not be Luisão. 's interest in PSG player, remember, played a major mainstream news, because the player himself has shown willingness to negotiate. Benfica, in turn, was always safe, since the contract termination clause Luisão force set at 20 million euros.
Mdot

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Good that he's staying. :ok
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Anybody got an update on the big guy? The MRI was supposed to be done today... Holding my breath for the result. Still dont trust Miguel Victor in a big game like the derby. He is too often caught out of position, and thats a no-no for a CB. I really want to stick it to Sporting and we need "all hands on deck" for this one! Forca Benfica, Forca Luisao!!!!
matt34nj
First Team

Postby LaliPro » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Let remember Sidneis horrible derby with the red card last season! Luisao must be healthy, he is a real hero in the defending!
LaliPro
Junior

Postby Mdot » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:22 am

I dunno, I thought he is out for the game which is a bummer. If we go with our two defensive mids (Javi and Witsel) it should give us some extra coverage in case Vitor slips up. If anything I think this is a perfect chance for him to step up and prove himself.

In all honesty if we go in at full strength less Luisao, we should still be able to take Sporting. It won't be easy but we have a stronger mid-field/fwds that should be able to rip apart their weaker defense.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Agreed Mdot, we could even see an experiment, with Javi joining Garay at CB, and Matic and Witsel as DM's. JJ tends to go with the European formation (4-2-3-1) in our big games, so lets hope we see it again. Witsel was outstanding against ManU! My only fear is he goes with maybe a lineup similar to the one he used at Braga, as Sporting and Braga play a similar style with fast, pacey wide players, and the biggest threats coming from the flanks and on the counter. Not to say that the "Braga Linup" with Ruben A included, didnt work, i actually thought it worked well. However, it extremely limited our attacking options. One thing I do feel good about: Sporting seems to be horrible on set pieces and generally not a very physical team. The loss of Luisao should have minimal impact in these respects...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Forcaslb29 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 am

Dont want to see him rushed back if he's not 100. Anyway, Miguel is a solid replacement ...actually i remember two years ago just we beat Napoli at the luz i think him and sidnei were partnered up and we beat Sporting at home 2 - zip. THey both played well but sidnei's since gone for a shit.
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby Mdot » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Reports are coming out that Luisao will face a 2 month ban due to that friendly match issue. So far it’s just for our Liga but since FIFA was pulled into it originally there’s a high chance that this ban will be carried to all matches meaning that he could be at risk at missing our first 4 CL matches (Celtic away, Barca at Home, and both Spartak matches).

As much as I have defended him and I think this is BS, I hate seeing players pushing refs (no matter how light) because it opens us up for this type of shit. Now because of this poor judgment call by our captain he will not be leading our team for some time.

I think Jardel did a great job stepping up last year and I also think Vitor has been improving in that area so we’re not fully screwed but it does make us weaker in the back during a time where our defensive mid’s have just been gutted. Looking at our opposition in the Liga for the next two months, we should still be able to get maximum points from these games but I am very worried about our CL matches.
Mdot

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion