Rate the Benfica Players

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Rate the Benfica Players

Postby Benfiquista » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am

Alright guys so since we are at the halfway mark of the season, I thought it would be a cool idea to rate and explain your rating of each Benfica player on the team...So basicly you give every Benfica player a rating from 1-10 and explain how you came up with that number...Also since a lot of our players seem to be in the transfer news put down how much money are players are worth...I'll start it off...

1. Moreira- 6 I really want this guy to be our number one, but sadly his become the third choice keeper...Ever since that knee injury he suffered a couple of seasons ago he hasn't been the same...At least Jorge Jesus is fair enough to rotate all three Goalkeepers and in the Cup games Moreira has played his been little shakey at times, but good nonetheless
Price- 2Mill
3. Shaffer- 6.5 No idea why Jorge Jesus doesn't start this guy...In the games his played he looked very good...Defensively his ok, but offensively is where he contributes...His crossing ability is just amazing...Remember that ball he served up to Cardozo against AC Milan in pre-season?
Price- 4Mill
4. Luisão- 8.5 Rock solid Luisao...I can't believe I wanted to sell this guy a season back...It looked like the injuries were getting to him, but credit to him for coming back and having such a strong season last year...This season his doing it again and his leadership is making the team even stronger
Price- 10-12Mill
5. Ruben Amorim- 7 Shame he can't play more, but when called upon he gets the job done...Great little player to have on any team
Price- 4-6Mill
6. Javi García- 9 My second best signing of the season...The man is just a beast and breaks up plays in a heart beat...I think the game against Sporting really made the fans love him even more...Pouring blood from all over his head and still he continues to fight...Also when we are in dire need of a goal he can come up and score it...I think his goal against Naval was the loudest goal shout I did when Benfica scored in a while lol
Price- 15-18Mill
7. Cardozo- 9.5 I could of gave him a ten, but his early season penalty misses prevented me from doing so lol...Nonetheless we are seeing the real Cardozo this season...To simply put it, the man is just a goal scoring machine and I can honestly say now he is worth the 9-11Mill we paid for him...Also never seen a player score THREE HAT-TRICKS mid-season and still we have a lot more games left
Price- 25-30Mill
8. Ramires- 9 Another fantastic summer signing...I was shocked on how much Benfica paid for this unknown kid, but his worth every single penny...He can play anywhere in the midfield and just busts his ass every single game...Love his work ethic
Price- 30-35Mill
9. Mantorras- 0 I don't want to give him a zero, but the guy hasn't played a single game this season yet
Price- 1Mill
10. Aimar- 8.5 Little Pablito...A true world class attacking midfielder...Last season he was kind of disappointing, but this season his at the top of the game...His passing and vision on the field is truly one of a kind and also he draws up a lot of fouls which most of the time earns us a penalty or a dangerous set piece opportunity
Price- 7Mill
11. Keirrison- 3 Easily the worst player on the team...He was suppose to be a great option off the bench, but the kid is just nonexistent and useless in games...Thank God his leaving SOON
Price- (On Loan from Barcelona) But if he was with us he would be worth NOTHING lol
12. Quim- 7 He started the season a little shakey, but his been getting his act together lately and right now he looks like that old solid Quim from the 07/08 season...Hope he can find the same form in 2010
Price- 3Mill
13. Júlio César- 8 His only played in the EL and to tell you the truth I think his been great...Does the saves when called upon and hasn't fucked up one time...Hopefully he is our number one goalkeeper once Quim calls it a day
Price- 4Mill
14. Maxi Pereira- 7.5 "Super Maxi" is following up from his solid season from last year...He got injuried in pre-season, but credit to him for coming back...His just one of those under rated players who should get more credit for what he does on the field
Price- 6Mill
15. Roderick Miranda- 7 His only played one time this season, but it was solid enough for me to give him a seven
Price- 4Mill
16. Urreta- 7 See Roderick Miranda
Price- 7Mill
17. Carlos Martins- 7.5 When fit and healthly this guy can offer a lot, but injuries keep him from doing that...Even though his played in limited games his looked solid enough to earn a seven...Hopefully in 2010 he can be more fit because he can offer a lot more
Price- 3-5Mill
18. Fábio Coentrão- 8.5 Surprise first half season from Fabio...Just when everyone was writing off his Benfica career, Jorge Jesus gives him a chance and boy did he ever take that chance...IMO he should be starting over Di Maria because his more consistent in his play
Price- 25-28Mill
19. Weldon- 6.5 Well at the start of the season he looked like a super sub, but how quickly that name came falling down...He just wastes to many chances, but his speed is amazing...Imagine if he can finish off his chances after he blows by his defenders lol
Price- 3Mill
20. Di María- 7.5 This kid loves to frustrate all of us...One game he looks like a world class winger and in other games he looks like a little amateur...If he can just keep his game more consistent I would easily give him a nine...Hopefully in 2010 he can do just that because this year the kid is performing way better than his last two seasons with us
Price- 35-40Mill
21. Nuno Gomes- 7.5 The old man lol...I don't know about you guys, but I think Nuno has been doing a solid job off the bench...He knows he can't start and play every game now a days, but he really does a solid job when Jorge Jesus calls on him...I just wish he can be the first choice off the bench when Jorge Jesus wants to throw in a forward
Price- 2-3Mill
22. Luís Filipe- 7 Only played a few games, but surprisingly his done well...His known for being such a shit player, but I guess Jorge Jesus has givin him new life and hopefully he keeps up the good work in 2010
Price- 1Mill
23. David Luiz- 9.5 Best defender in the league?...I think so lol...The man is just a beast and is having a monster season...His a real rock back there with Luisao...He plays with the same passion and heart every single game
Price- 40Mill
24. Felipe Menezes- 8 I really like this kid...His shown he could be a great player for us in the future...With more playing time and learning from Aimar he is going to be one hell of a player
Price- 5Mill
25. César Peixoto- 6.5 Really don't know what Jorge Jesus sees in him...I mean his an ok player, but I wouldn't start him...IMO his just average
Price- 1Mill
27. Sidnei- 6.5 His only played a few times and to tell you the truth he looked a little shakey in some games...I guess him not playing often is really effecting his game...Shame we have two world class defenders ahead of hime because Sidnei can easily be a starter
Price- 6-8Mill
28. Miguel Vítor- 7 Can't understand why some Benfiquista's hate him...IMO he has a future with us, but needs more playing time to improve his game...Also he does so many good things in games, but theres always a time where he fucks up on a play
Price- 5Mill
30. Saviola- 9 My signing of the season...I've always wanted a small quick player who could play alongside a big striker like Cardozo...Miccoli's game was similar to Saviola, but I pick Savi over him anyday...When the ball is at his feet from any part of the field he is a danger...Just tell Belenenses that when he picked up the ball from midfield and made a long run to score a great goal lol...His just a clinical finisher
Price- 20-25Mill
33. Balboa- 0 Hasn't played a game...I feel he can still be a option off the bench, but his attitude is just poor
Price- 2Mill
40. Jorge Ribeiro- 0 LOL can't believe I was ever excited when we signed him...His just a below average player playing on a big team...His better off at a small team where he can be the star like he once was with Boavista
Price- Nothing lol
Benfiquista

Re: Rate the Benfica Players

Postby 1904 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:00 am

that's a great review! :benficascarf
But I don't have the time or patience to assess every single player lol. :o

I will just say I pretty much agree with what you said.
Site Admin

Postby helderslb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 pm

i agree with all there but the price on fabio is a little high, and on saviola same thing...

But its a awesome review!!!

Great work!

Força :benficascarf
helderslb
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 pm

1. Moreira- 6 I really want this guy to be our number one, but sadly his become the third choice keeper...Ever since that knee injury he suffered a couple of seasons ago he hasn't been the same...At least Jorge Jesus is fair enough to rotate all three Goalkeepers and in the Cup games Moreira has played his been little shakey at times, but good nonetheless
Price- 2Mill
2. Airton- 8.5 Real surprised when we went after another defensive midfielder, but what a buy this kid can turn up to be...He played some matches and looked great in all of them...Can't wait to see more of this guy in the future
Price- 7Mill
4. Luisão- 9 Rock solid Luisao...I can't believe I wanted to sell this guy a season back...It looked like the injuries were getting to him, but credit to him for coming back and having such a strong season last year...This season his doing it again and his leadership is making the team even stronger
Price- 10-12Mill
5. Ruben Amorim- 8.5 Every team in the world should have a Ruben Amorim...When called upon he gets the job done and can play anywhere on the field...His our little John O'Shea lol
Price- 6Mill
6. Javi García- 9.5 The man is just a beast and breaks up plays in a heart beat
Price- 17Mill
7. Cardozo- 10 To simply put it the man is just a goal scoring machine and I can honestly say now he is worth the 9-11Mill we paid for him...Many feel he was our player of the season and being top scorer in the league I can't argue about
Price- 30Mill
8. Ramires- 9 Another fantastic summer signing...I was shocked on how much Benfica paid for this unknown kid, but his worth every single penny...He can play anywhere in the midfield and just busts his ass every single game...Love his work ethic
Price- 30-35Mill
9. Mantorras- 0 I don't want to give him a zero, but the guy didn't even play a single game this season : (
Price- 500,000
10. Aimar- 9 Little Pablito...A true world class attacking midfielder...Last season he was kind of disappointing, but this season his at the top of the game...His passing and vision on the field is truly one of a kind and also he draws up a lot of fouls which most of the time earns us a penalty or a dangerous set piece opportunity
Price- 7Mill
12. Quim- 7.5 Ehh really don't like him...Sometimes his decsion making is horrible and gives up to many soft goals for my liking...I want a new keeper in for next season
Price- 3Mill
13. Júlio César- 8 His only played in the EL and to tell you the truth I think his been great...Does the saves when called upon and hasn't fucked up one time
Price- 4Mill
14. Maxi Pereira- 8 "Super Maxi" followed up from his solid season from last yearHis just one of those under rated players who should get more credit for what he does on the field
Price- 7Mill
15. Roderick Miranda- 7 His only played a few times this season, but it's solid enough for me to give him a seven
Price- 4Mill
17. Carlos Martins- 8.5 Amazing second half of the season for Martins...You could say he took Aimar's spot in the starting line-up...The guy is another underrated workhorse...Also can score a goal when needed...BTW has Martins ever scored a ugly goal for us? lol...It seems like all his goals are world class especially the one against Porto in the League Cup final
Price- 6Mill
18. Fábio Coentrão- 9.5 What a season for young Fabio...Took over left-back and made that spot his own...He shouldn't even be playing that postition, but he did one hell of a job all season long...Well done
Price- 26Mill
19. Weldon- 7.5 Up and down season for him...At first we called him the "Super Sub" then he dropped for most of the season and then out of no where he catchs fire at the end...If can just work on his finishing he would be even better...Imagine if he can finish off his chances after he blows by his defenders with his kind of speed
Price- 4Mill
20. Di María- 9 The real Di Maria finally showed up this season...He still lacks consistency, but near the end of the season he was just on fire...I wish we saw this Di Maria the past two seasons, but I guess it was worth the wait...There's no doubt in my mind we will sell him this summer...Thanks for the hard work Di Maria...I will no longer call you Di Merda lol
Price- 40-45Mill
21. Nuno Gomes- 7 I would've liked to see him play more, but it's time for Nuno to move on...You can't buy experience from a guy like Nuno...In the limited games his played his done well, but I expect next season will be his final season as a pro
Price- 2Mill
22. Luís Filipe- 7 Only played a few games, but surprisingly his done well
Price- 1.5Mill
23. David Luiz- 10 Best defender in the league?...HELL NO!...More like best PLAYER in the league lol...The man is just a beast and had a monster season...His a real rock back there with Luisao...He plays with the same passion and heart every single game...I know every Benfiquista is praying every night that this guy stays
Price- 45-50Mill
24. Felipe Menezes- 7.5 I really like this kid...His shown he could be a great player for us in the future...With more playing time and learning from Aimar he is going to be one hell of a player...Wish he got more time in the second half of the season though
Price- 5Mill
25. César Peixoto- 6.5 His an ok player, but I wouldn't start him...IMO his just average
Price- 1Mill
27. Sidnei- 6.5 His only played a few times this season and to tell you the truth he looked a little shakey in some games...However his still a great player...Shame we have two world class defenders ahead of hime because Sidnei can easily be a starter
Price- 7Mill
28. Miguel Vítor- 7 Can't understand why some Benfiquista's hate him...IMO he has a future with us, but needs more playing time to improve his game...Also he does so many good things in games, but theres always a time where he fucks up on a play
Price- 5Mill
30. Saviola- 9.5 My signing of the season...I've always wanted a small quick player who could play alongside a big striker like Cardozo...Miccoli's game was similar to Saviola, but I pick Savi over him anyday...When the ball is at his feet from any part of the field he is a danger...Just tell Belenenses that when he picked up the ball from midfield and made a long run to score a great goal lol...His just a clinical finisher...Shame that he missed most of the second half of the season though...Really could've used him in Europe
31. Kardec- 7.5 Came in mid-season which is hard for a player, but left his mark for the fans to let him know his the future...Will never forget his first goal for Benfica in the EL...What a strike son!!!
Price- 7-8Mill
Eder Luis- 7 On the same boat has Kardec...To tell you the truth it's still to early to get a read on the guy...Needs more games
Price- 4Mill
40. Jorge Ribeiro- 0 LOL can't believe I was ever excited when we signed him...His just a below average player playing on a big team...His better off at a small team where he can be the star like he once was with Boavista
Price- Nothing lol
Benfiquista

Postby SLB » Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 am

Decent review and pretty much on the money with your comments. It does show that we have some real gems in our squad as well as good potential. Seeing the CL final last night makes me think that we need to keep as many as possible to compete at that level...
SLB
Manager

Postby Miralem » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

so ho much do you think the whole sqaud is worth??
Miralem
First Team

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 pm

1. Moreira- 6 My Number one Goalie, he was the year before and kept us in some close ones down the strecth and still played his butt off to earn a spot in the Line-up. I hope he gets a contract extension and is there to battle it out for the #1 because i truly feel Moreira is Benfica and Portugals #1 man!

2. Airton- 7.5 This kid impressed me when he came in, i didnt expect Benfica to go out and buy another defensive midfielder but i can see why they did. This kid has skill, great vision and can play a holding role in midfield. He is the perfect replacement for Javi if he leaves in the future.

4. Luisão- 9 For 7 years now Luisao has been our rock on defense and a Great Captain, he keeps our troops focused and in position everytime opponents try to attack. He should be Brazils #1 CB, i believe he is stronger and smarter than Lucio an Juan but non the less he could have left and decided not t, he bleeds Benfica like each and every one of us so i tip my hat to another great season by Luisao!

5. Ruben Amorim- 7.5 I had my doubts about Ruben but he clearly proved me wrong this year with his versatility and crafty skill. Like Benfiquista said hes a player every team would love to have!

6. Javi García- 8.5 He was our rock in midfield, and was always there standing his ground. He gives away the odd clumsy challenge but is 100x better than binya and yebda combined. Reminds me of a younger petit. #2 signing for me last year!

7. Cardozo- 9 I also had my doubts about Cardozo, over the past few years he seemed to be lazy and not put the extra effort to get the ball and score the goal. But this year he was given full confidence and ran with the scoring title. Only objection is that he wastes too many cleary chances before he scores, most top strikers only need that one smell at goal. Still Monster Season and blew me away with the kind of goals he'd score, absolutely magical......

8. Ramires- 9 Fantastic Signing......this kid hasnt stopped one minute since last year, he came to Benfica trained his butt off and proved that he isnt all hype. Benfica has a real gem in this guy and i hope he can stay and have many great years at benfica. He is another one of those versatile players who can play the wing or central mid. He may not have the bright moves but he reminds me alot of kaka.

9. Mantorras- 0 Can't see the point of him being on the team anymore, hes been virtually invisible for years, love the guy but he clearly hasnt had a spot on this team for a while.

10. Aimar- 9 This year was aimars coming out party, his first year at Benfica was a semi flop but this year with his accurate set pieces and vision to set up his team mates, aimar proved why he was once world player of the year. He may not have the legs to go 90 minutes anymore but makes a great sub and i hope he stays for a few more years!

12. Quim- 7.5 I give the same rating as Benfiquista......I never have been a real Quim fan but i can admit that he is one hell of a keeper, i just feel his good days are behind him, and he seems to have to brain farts at times and lets in a dumb one (eg. the goal Setubal scored in the 8-1 thrashing!) I feel he deserves his shot on the NT, Moreira is my #1 between these 2, but i still thiink Benfica needs a world Class #1

13. Júlio César- 8.5 This kid has potential, Europa league was a good test for his skills and he got a taste of european competition......he has the potential to be a #1 for Benfica, maybe 1 more year, but i would definitely have him split duties with whoever starts just to see what we truly have with his kid.

14. Maxi Pereira- 8.5 Maxi is our Uruguayan Leo.....hes a work horse, never gives up on the play and can jump up and score the odd goal. I wouldnt have anyone else on RB.

17. Carlos Martins- 7.5 I use to hate Carlos Martins when he was at Sporting, and i wasn't a fan when we first went after him, but i can see why we got him. Hes got the vision, and one cannon of a shot and to me was Benfica's unsung heroes this year. I'd have him and Aimar patrolling my midfield next year no problem.

18. Fábio Coentrão- 9 This kid is finally found his home at Benfica....im glad to see him relise his chance. I remember seeing him play at the U-20 World Cup in Toronto, and hoped Benfica would sign him, he Di Maria and Bruno Gama really impressed me. But seeing him play LB is a real joy because i think we have a future Ashley Cole in the works here. Keep up the good work.

19. Weldon- 6 Not a fan......i think we only brought him back to liga sagres was because hes a buddy of J.J., ok we did our part now sell him to guimaraes or Maritimo already.

20. Di María- 9 This year was good, but next years version of Di Maria could be dangerous......its a shame that we are going to sell im my mind the next messi. His vision and skill came to life this year under J.J. and another year with him could be deadly for other teams in europe!!

21. Nuno Gomes- 7 He's one of my idols, but im afraid he just isnt cut out or able to keep up with the pace of this team anymore. He came in and scored when needed, as he always does. I hope he stays on as a coaches assistant because he is still of great value! Obrigado Nuno :benfica

23. David Luiz- 10 Best defender in the league and Europa League, he can play LB or CB, and he is virtually everywhere on the field and always seems to get the ball back when we lose it. He is the next "Luisao" haha and he is slowly passing the torch to David. I hope he follows Luisao and stays at Benfica for Life, With David Luiz and Luisao our D can Match up to any of Europes Elite!!

24. Felipe Menezes- 7 Hes got the potential, just needs more quality time, maybe loaning him out for a year with help him adapt to the portuguese game a little more.

25. César Peixoto- 7 Good sub and can play both midfield and defense, he cna still be agood player for this team. He can set up players and has good pace, but only a sub on this team.

27. Sidnei- 6.5 David and Luisao are just too solid for us that he doesnt get alot of quality time, once one leaves he will get a good chance. He has the potential just needs to play more, has pace but has the odd brain gap aswell.

28. Miguel Vítor- 6 He doesnt get to play too often with us but he and Roderick are Benficas top Portuguese CB right now, 3 if u include FAbio Faria. But like Sidnei, will never get a proper chance until one of Luisao or David Luiz leave.

30. Saviola- 9.5 My signing of the season too...we've needed a good companion for Cardozo, and saviola had the pace and experience to fit that role. He scored some timely goals and proved that he isnt done yet. It is a shame that he didnt get the nod for the WC but Argentina is just stacked at forwards.

31. Kardec- 7 Good signing, he has the attributes of Cardozo, so it will be key to see how he develops. He seems to have a knack at goal, we'll see how next year goes competeting with Jara, and maybe Huntelaar

33. Eder Luis- 6 He just rubbed me the wrong way ever since we signed him, i dont see a point of having him since we already had weldon and saviola. and with Jara next year him and weldon are wasted space.
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby SLB » Sun May 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Great analysis.....Moreira is not my number 1 though
SLB
Manager

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Alright guys so since we are at the halfway mark of the season, I thought it would be a cool idea to rate and explain your rating of each Benfica player on the team.. So basically you give every Benfica player a rating from 1-10 and explain how you came up with that number. Also since a lot of our players seem to be in the transfer news put down how much money are players are worth. I'll start it off…

1. Moreira- 0 Not one minute of playing time for our favorite goalkeeper this season. All I know is that "JJ" better give this guy all the games we play in the BWIN Cup. His been patiently waiting and now it's time to rewarded him.
Price- 1.5Mill
2. Airton- 6.5 After his pre-season performances I said I could care less who plays in the defensive midfield role because he and Javi were so beast, but I quickly ate my words after his performance against Porco in the SC. Airton is good, but still needs more time to learn and grow as a player. No doubt he will star once Javi leaves, but I hope that isn't for another year or two.
Price- 6Mill
3. Fabio Faria- 0 Real surprised he hasn't played for us yet. Hopefully that changes once Jesus puts out his line-up for BWIN Cup games.
Price- 2-3Mill
4. Luisão- 8 We would be nothing without this giant. His experience and leadership has been crucial for us over the last few years. Not only does he defend well, but he can pop in a goal here and there from time to time I really hope he finishes his career as a Benfiquista.
Price- 11Mill
5. Ruben Amorim- 7 Every team in the world should have a Ruben Amorim. When called upon he gets the job done and can play anywhere on the field...His our little John O'Shea lol
Price- 6Mill
6. Javi García- 8.5 I really can't say anything bad about Javi's game. The man is just a beast and breaks up so many plays in the midfield. Also love the fact that he can pop in a class headed goal from time to time.
Price- 15Mill
7. Cardozo- 8 It's been a up and down start for Cardozo this season. One game he looks dead and useless and in other games he looks like the man I call CarGOLO. Hope he can find more consistency in 2011.
Price- 25-30Mill
8. Salvio- 8 I really like this kid and expect him to have a great second half of the season. He has all the right tools to become a class winger for the future: pace, agility, flare, trickery, etc. I really wish we can sign him from Atletico, but I don't see him staying. Maybe working out another loan deal wouldn't be a bad idea.
Price- *On Loan
9. Mantorras- 0 I don't want to give him a zero, but the guy just doesn't play games anymore. Not only can't he last 90 minutes anymore, but I don't think he can even go 45 minutes. I remember he got subbed in against Angola in a friendly earlier in the year and he lasted only about ten minutes before coming off looking all dead tired. Sadly Mantorras's career as a footballer is done.
Price- 200,000
10. Aimar- 8.5 A true world class attacking midfielder. His passing and vision on the field is truly one of a kind. Even his finishing has improved and for the most part his stay very fit and healthy this year. IMO his having his best season since signing with us
Price- 7.5Mill
11. Jara- 7.5 Definitely deserves to get more playing time and hopefully Jesus stands by his word and gives it to him in 2011. IMO Jara is a Tevez like player. A real hard worker who just doesn't stop fighting for the ball.
Price- 8Mill
12. Roberto- 8 At the start of the season no doubt I would've given him a big fat ZERO, but since he defended Hugo Leal's penalty against Setubal he has been a whole different Roberto. He controls his area well and really does make some sick reaction saves.
Price- 12Mill
13. Júlio César- 8 Only three games played for Julio, but his been solid enough in all of them for me to give him a eight. At times I prefer him then Roberto. I wonder if "JJ" will start him in Europe since we are in the EL now.
Price- 5Mill
14. Maxi Pereira- 8 Slow start for "Super Maxi" at the start of the season, but in the past month or two his really gotten back to his best. I'm just going to put that slow start by him due to World Cup fatigue.
Price- 7Mill
15. Roderick Miranda- 0 His only come on as a sub in one game this season so I can't give him a proper rating. I'll just say I would like to see him either get some playing in the BWIN Cup or send him out on loan where he can gain some valuable experience.
Price- 6Mill
17. Carlos Martins- 8.5 Besides Fabio, Carlos Martins is the only player who's taken his game to new heights from last season. It's a shame he has another world class player playing in his preferred position, but nonetheless he still plays great in which ever part of the midfield Jesus sticks in him. Only thing I wish for Martins in 2011 is that he doesn't leave especially to a team like Tottenham where playing time will be hard to come by.
Price- 6.5Mill
18. Fábio Coentrão- 9.5 I thought young Fabio was great last season, but this season his really turning into a world class superstar. Call me crazy, but I think his the best left wingback in all of Futebol (Well maybe second best because that Bale from Tottenham is just tearing it up at the moment.) With his performances in the World Cup and this season I think Fabio's time with Benfica will sadly come to an end in the summer.
Price- 30-35Mill
19. Weldon- 3 Barely any playing time for Weldon this season. Last season he had some good games for us, but this year he can barely find the field. I say just sell him next month since we have some nice, young upcoming forwards in the ranks.
Price- 2-3Mill
20. Gaitan- 7.5 I have a feeling he will be like Di Maria where it's going to take some time for him to show us his true worth. However I hope that only takes one year instead of two like Di Maria. Nonetheless Gaitan has been good for us, but nothing spectacular from him yet.
Price- 10-12Mill
21. Nuno Gomes- 7 Only a couple of minutes played by Nuno this season and he still managed to get a goal and assist to his name. I really wish Jesus can give him some more playing time, but sadly it's time to move on from this legend. I only hope he starts some BWIN cup games and gets some minutes here and there in the league before hanging up his boots at seasons end.
Price- 2Mill
22. Luís Filipe- 0 One word to sum up Luis "Merda" Filipe… SHIT!
Price- NADA
23. David Luiz- 8.5 I don't understand all the criticism on David Luiz. Yes there's something missing from his game from last season, but his still a quality defender. I just hope we sell him in the summer because losing him next month will totally fuck up our back line.
Price- 35Mill
24. Felipe Menezes- 3 He really needs to get loaned out somewhere to gain some valuable experience. I think his watched and learned a few things from Aimar and Martins in training and now it's time he gets some playing to show what his learned.
Price- 5Mill
25. César Peixoto- 0 Way worse then Luis "Merda" Filipe. Never, ever should have been signed by Benfica. I'm just glad the Benfiquista's booed him during the Schalke game to show the Benfica board that we don't want PissShito playing for us anymore. GTFO lol
Price- NADA
27. Sidnei- 7 Shame he has two class defenders in front of him prevailing him from a starting position. No doubt once DL23 leaves in the summer it's Sidnei's time to start and shine with SLB.
Price- 7Mill
30. Saviola- 8.5 This guy totally looked like a different player in the first two or three months into the season, but since Cardozo's return from injury, SaviGOLO has been on fire. I'm glad the old Saviola from last season getting timely goals is back!
7Mill
31. Kardec- 8 Step up nicely when Cardozo went down for us. His shown he could be just as productive as Cardozo and once Cardozo does end up leaving then Kardec will shine even more then Cardozo did at Benfica.
Price- 9Mill
Benfiquista

Postby saviola » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:29 am

perfect analysis. nothing to add.
especially for peixoto, man i cant say how much i hate this guy, cost us so many games and didnt do anything at all. oh boy..the best thing about him is his girlfriend :wacko
saviola
Substitute

Postby SLB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:22 am

Agree...
Great report by Benfiquista
SLB
Manager

Rate our current players

Postby Specialboots » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Strikers--

1-Saviola
2-Jara
3-Cardozo
4-Kardec
6-Nuno Gomes
6-Weldon

Midfielders--

1-Salvio
2-Gaitán
3-Aimar
4-Martins
5-Garcia
6-Amorim
7-Peixoto
8-Airton
9-Menezes
**Fernández

Defenders--

1-Fábio Coentrão
2-Luisão
3-Maxi
4-Sidnei
5-Roderick Miranda
6-Luís Filipe
**Jardel
**Lionel Carole

Goal Keepers--

1-Roberto
2-Júlio César
3-Moreira

** = Haven't seen enough to fairly judge
Specialboots
Junior

Re: Rate our current players

Postby miklos-russia » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Interesting :)
well, that's my choice:

strikers:

Cardozo
Jara
Saviola
Nuno Gomes
Kardec
Weldon

Midfielders:

Aimar
Javi
Salvio
Martins
Gaitan
Airton
Ruben Amorim
Cesar Peixoto
Menezes
(Fernandez)

Defenders:

Luisao
Fabio Coentrao
Maxi
Sidnei
Jardel
Roderick
(Luis Filipe, Carole)

Goalkeepers:

Julio Cesar
Roberto
Moreira
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Sun May 15, 2011 12:33 am

1. Moreira- 8.5 Only a handful of games played this season for our favorite goalkeeper, but IMO his been solid enough to earn a 8.5 season rating. No doubt his best moment was winning the BWIN Cup for us. He really is a solid goalkeeper and shame that knee injury he suffered a few years ago prevented him from being our Iker Casillas.
Price- $3.5Mill
2. Airton- 6.5 I think he performed better in pre-season then in the regular season. He just needs to get more games under his belt if he wants to steal Javi's spot, but thats clearly not going to happen because senhor Javi is an animal lol. Nonetheless he is a good player in case Javi goes down
Price- $6Mill
3. Fabio Faria- 5 Only played one half of Futebol in a Benfica shirt and the only thing he needs to work on is his fitness. Remember how gassed out he was after only ten minutes against Maritimo?
Price- $1.5Mill
4. Luisão- 8 Even though he made mistakes today, we would be nothing without this giant. His experience and leadership has been crucial for us over the last few years. Not only does he defend well, but he can pop in a goal here and there from time to time. I really hope he finishes his career as a Benfiquista.
Price- $12Mill
5. Ruben Amorim- 6.5 Such a shame he had to go down with a injury this season. Every team in the world should have a Ruben Amorim. When called upon he gets the job done and can play anywhere on the field. Like I said in the past, his our little John O'Shea lol
Price- $6.5Mill
6. Javi García- 8.5 Like I said already about senhor Javi, his just an animal. I really can't say anything bad about his game. The man is just a beast and breaks up so many plays in the midfield. Also love the fact that he can pop in a class headed goal from time to time. You can always rely on Javi in that defensive midfield role.
Price- $15Mill
7. Cardozo- 7.5 Definitely not the same Cardozo from last season. He might have scored some crucial goals here and there, but his heart simply wasn't in it this season. We should've sold him last summer, but hopefully his gone by the end of July.
Price- $25Mill
8. Salvio- 9 Second best Benfica player this season. He has all the right tools to become a class winger for the future: pace, agility, flare, trickery, etc. I really hope we sign him from Atletico. Yea his price tag is high, but this kid is worth it.
Price- *On Loan
10. Aimar- 8.5 A true world class attacking midfielder. His passing and vision on the field is truly one of a kind. Even his finishing improved this season. IMO he had his best season since signing with Benfica. With that said though Pablito is getting up their in age and is injury prone so maybe still making a little money off him isn't such a bad idea.
Price- $4.5Mill
11. Jara- 8.5 IMO Jara is a our Carlitos Tevez . A real hard worker who just doesn't stop fighting for the ball. I'm glad he got more opportunities during the second half of the season. No doubt he is a starter for next season.
Price- $11Mill
12. Roberto- 6.5 I really want to believe in this guy, but every time I see those soft goals he suffered it just makes me doubt him even more. His just like Gomes from Tottenham. Both our good goalkeepers with great shot stopping ability, but they just allow some of the stupidest goals to give up sometimes. Right now I'm 50/50 for having Roberto in goal next season. I mean I don't want that money to go to waste. Why o why couldn't we just accept Arsenal's 14Mill bid when we first signed him.
Price- I don't know lol, but certainly not $11Mill.
13. Júlio César- 7 Ugh he must of caught some of Roberto's frango illness. Last season you could've rely on this guy to be in goal, but this season his really looked dodge on some crosses.
Price- $5Mill
14. Maxi Pereira- 9 He doesn't have the nickname "Super Maxi" for nothing. I just love how he gets the job done at both ends of the field. He defends well, he attacks well, and just never stops hustling. Improve this man's contract and keep him in the Luz for a couple more years.
Price- $14Mill
15. Roderick Miranda- 6 Well the kid lived his dream by not only playing a few games for the senior side, but also captaining the side for a game. I say we should loan him out to another Portuguese League side for him to gain more experience.
Price- $6Mill
17. Carlos Martins- 8 His not the best midfielder in the world, but his a good little player to have at your disposal. I like players who wear their heart on their sleeve and Martins is definitely one of those players. I just want to get one or maybe two more seasons out of this guy.
Price- $5.5Mill
18. Fábio Coentrão- 10 BEST LEFT WINGBACK IN ALL OF FUTEBOL. I just came to love this kid so much this season. So much heart and passion he puts into every game he plays with Benfica. Screw the millions all those big teams are offering us, give this fucking young stud a lifetime contract right now!
Price- $40-45Mill
19. Weldon- 3 Barely any playing time for Weldon this season. Last season he had some good games for us, but this year he can barely find the field. I say just sell him since we have some nice, young upcoming forwards in the ranks.
Price- $2.5Mill
20. Gaitan- 8 I'm just glad he won't be another Di Maria where it's going to take him two full seasons to show his worth. Even though his natural position is an AM his so bad out on that wing. I expect him to vastly improve as a winger next season
Price- $18Mill
21. Nuno Gomes- 7.5 Only limited playing time for Nuno Golos this season and still he was able to score five goals. I just wished "JJ" used him more. Hopefully he stays with us one more season and retires as a true Benfiquista.
Price- $2.1Mill
22. Luís Filipe- 0 One word to sum up Luis "Merda" Filipe… SHIT!
Price- NADA
23. David Luiz- 8.5 Before DL left, I didn't understand all the criticism on him. Yes there was something missing from his game from last season, but he still was a quality defender. I'm still a little mad that we sold our best defender from last season during the freaking winter transfer market.
24. Felipe Menezes- 5 He really needs to get loaned out somewhere to gain some valuable experience. I think his watched and learned a few things from Aimar and Martins in training and now it's time he gets some playing to show what his learned.
Price- $3Mill
24. Lionel Carole 6.5 Every game he improves himself more and more. I definitely can't wait to see this kid adapt and become more comfortable. His only played a few games, but I rather have this kid as back up for Coentrao then PissShito
Price- $2-3Mill
25. César Peixoto- 5 Well he improved slightly from his shit first half form, but his not Benfica quality. Just another player who needs to move on from Benfica.
Price- $1.5Mill
27. Sidnei- 7 Don't know what exactly happened to Sidnei. I mean when DL23 left he was supposed to partner up with Luisao at the back, but he just wasn't strong enough and eventually lost his spot to new boy, Jardel. Hopefully he improves his game during the summer and it wouldn't be a bad thing if he hits the gym a little more too.
Price- $7.5Mill
28. Jose Luis Fernandez- N/A I can't really come up with an analysis for a guy who arrived during the middle of the season and only has 140 minutes of playing time to his name.
Price- N/A
30. Saviola- 7 Wow what happened to the guy I called SaviGOLO last season? Is this the same Saviola from last season? Where is his cutting edge and timely goals from last season? He only had a good run of goals during the middle stretch of the season, but overall he was very poor this year. I say sell him in the summer because Jara is the man to take his spot next season.
Price- $3.5Mill
31. Kardec- 6.5 I have high hopes for this guy, but he isn't quite ready to be our main striker. I think a loan move would be a good move for him.
Price- $6Mill
33. Jardel- 8 For a guy to come into Benfica from a small Club like Olhanense and steal another players spot is pretty impressive if you ask me. I had my doubts about Jardel, but his actually turning out to be a quality defender for us. Can't wait to see him get a proper season with us.
Price- $5Mill
Benfiquista

Postby inMotionSLB » Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Great summary :ok
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion