Alan Kardec

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Not sure...

Postby saviola » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:53 pm

matt34nj wrote:Still not completely sold on this guy. When Cardozo went down back in the fall after the Schalke game, this kid had several chances on the worlds biggest stage and couldnt produce against CL competition. Cost us the Hapoel game and there several other missed opportunities and lots of headers going wide... Am i the only one that remembers this? OK for a sub and as a B team striker, but has been thoroughly outplayed by Jara... Only way he should get significant minutes is if Jara starts on the wing now for Salvio, and Kardec subs in for Cardozo or Saviola when we have a lead and sub out a forward... :geez

agreed.
dont see him as a serious replacement for cordozo (yet). if cordozo leaves, we need to get a new striker who can header,keep the ball and is a true finisher. kardec isnt any of those yet (okay, he has some nice headers now and then ;))
saviola
Substitute

Re: Alan Kardec #31

Postby SLB » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:02 am

He can be the future but he is not ready yet and I don't think he can replace Oscar if he leaves in the summer. I would say stick with him but we need a proper target man who can also score in the summer
SLB
Manager

Postby Miralem » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

is he needed anymore i don't think so, i always wanted him to be good but i just dont see that any more, though i will never forget that goal.
Miralem
First Team

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah....you kinda get the impression he has shot his load already but I would not give up on him just yet
SLB
Manager

Postby Benfiquista » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:01 pm

SLB wrote:Yeah....you kinda get the impression he has shot his load already but I would not give up on him just yet

I'm with you on this one SLB. I mean after all this guy is suppose to be the next Mario Jardel right? Anyways I heard on Abola yesterday that Santos wants him on loan. I would prefer to loan out to another Portuguese Liga side.
Benfiquista

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:04 pm

The option of a loan would be good for him. There is a lot of competition and to be stuck on the bench is not good for his development
SLB
Manager

Frustrating Player

Postby matt34nj » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Seems like he really tried to play into our system and was able to get good positioning on set pieces and get some shots and headers off, but everything seemed to go frustratingly wide... He has the size and physicality i like in a striker, but doesnt seem to have that killer instinct to finish, which is crucial. At this point a loan is probably in his best interest. Put him in the class with Airton, Menezes, Weldon, Eder Luis, Bastos, etc. Perfectly capable Brazilian players chewed up, spit out, and sent back home by the Benfica machine bc JJ couldnt use them properly. I have said this before: as good of a reputation as we have developed recently in Argentina, our reputation in Brazil will continue to suffer as these Brazilian players are passed over, misused, overlooked, and eventually returned to Brazil, their legitimate dreams of European football snuffed out by Benfica's inept management...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:47 pm

He needs that killer instinct and clinical finishing to excel and realise his potential...A successful loan spell is what he needs....It did Rodrigo good last season
SLB
Manager

Postby matt34nj » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Agree totally SLB-and these guys need to play in the Liga Zon Sagres... Let him go light it up for Beira-Mar or Olhanense next season!!
matt34nj
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Rumours are he will be going to Santos, not sure if on a loan or permanently.

Reinaldo Pitta
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
RP4 e Xinef, empresas que agenciam e promovem atletas de Futebol. http://www.gortin.com.br

Acabo de acertar a transferência do Alan Kardec que está no Benfica, para o Santos!!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah no point going back to Brasil...we should send him on loan in Portugal
SLB
Manager

Postby Benfiquista » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Kardec Loaned to Santos
Probably won't ever see Kardec back in Benfica now. Have we ever loaned a Brazilian player back to Brazil and regressed into the squad after his loan deal was up before???
Benfiquista

Re: Alan Kardec

Postby 1904 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Roger, Paulo Almeida, Fellipe Bastos, Éder Luís, Marcel, Airton, Kardec... no. :lol:

Those are top of my head, but I can't remember one coming back from Brazil!

Although Airton just went.
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I really head high hopes for Kardec after his first season last year. After his injury after last season pre-season, Jara did an amazing job at taking over the sub spot.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:03 pm

you forgot Menezes and Weldon, lol. maybe we should stick with the Argentinians...
matt34nj
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion