Alan Kardec

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Alan Kardec

Postby Benfiquista » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Name- Alan Kardec de Souza Pereira Junior
Date Of Birth- January 1, 1989
Place Of Birth- Barra Mansa, Brasil
Height- 185 cm
Playing Position- Forward

Wiki Page
ZeroZero

Portugoal wrote:
Benfica Snap Up “New Jardel”
Brazilian Alan Kardec completes transfer to Estadio da Luz
Benfica boss Jorge Jesus asked for a new striker and the Lisbon club have delivered his wish. Alan Kardec, 20 years old, is to fly to the Portuguese capital after the Eagles agreed a fee of 2.5 million euros with Vasco da Gama to purchase the forward. “For any Brazilian footballer, to play in Europe, and in this case Benfica – one of the biggest clubs in the world – is a dream,” an ecstatic Kardec told Portuguese daily A Bola. I feel prepared to play in Europe, especially after the good U20 World Cup I had. The tournament went very well for me and now I want to triumph in Europe.”

Kardec has been compared to former FC Porto and Sporting goal machine Mario Jardel. Both are both strong in the air, came through the ranks at Vasco da Gama and represented clubs in Porto Alegre before crossing the Atlantic. “Yes, indeed, I am like Jardel. I’ve got a good build and heading is my strong point. This reminds the fans of Jardel when they see me. But I realise that I’m still a long way from him because I haven’t yet won all the titles he won when he played in Europe.”

The marksman is aware he has room for improvement, but believes his attributes outweigh his limitations. “I’m not very mobile and players like that are more appreciated in Brazil. “However, I think I have the quality to do well in the style of football played in Europe. I just ask for an opportunity to show my value, and, God-willing, it is happening right now.”

Don't know to much about this kid, but hopefully his way better than the last Brazilian forward we had on the team...Also he must be good since his being compared to Jardel...Hopefully his just like him, but without all the drug scandals lol
Benfiquista

Re: Alan Kardec

Postby 1904 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Thing is, when we take players in they just seem to turn into average/poor. I think its mainly because we have too many players in the same position and its a blow in their confidence if they dont get to play often.

Marcel, Makukula, Keirrison, Hans Jorg Butt are some examples of players who used to be / are great for their clubs but with us its been a different story.

Kardec hasn't been officially confirmed yet so I wont comment just yet.
Site Admin

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Yes he has signed for us lol...Anyways check out what "Super Mario" said about our new signing...

"Can Kardec score as many goals as me? It's very difficult to find someone like me in terms of goalscoring. I only regret that I am not signing for Benfica."

The guy must really love Benfica...I would've love to have him back then, but his career was over when he left Sporting...I just hope Kardec can be like him and bang 42 goals in one season lol
Benfiquista

Postby helderslb » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

the only guy that can come up close to jardels numbers... is OSCAR CARDOZO!!!
helderslb
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:20 am

Luis Filipe Vieira confirmed last night in an interview to Benfica TV that Kardec will be in Lisbon on the 29th December to train and be officially presented. Benfica say he cost us €2.3m.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby SLB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Like Benfiquista I also do not know much about this guy....I hate it when players are compared against others players from the past who have done well....lets get the kid in and see what he can do....if he is good enough then he will get a chance to play
SLB
Manager

Re: Alan Kardec #31

Postby Benfiquista » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:43 pm

The new legend of SLB :laugh

Here's what the kid said after the game...
“The goal I scored was important for me and the team,” he smiled after the game, according to UEFA’s official website. “It was a special moment. The coach told me before I went on: 'You're going to go out there and score a goal.' It turned out he was right.
Benfiquista

Postby benfica73 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:59 am

cargoals replacement. the kid made one sick goal. the new jardel hopefull has landed in lisboa :benficaflag :benficaflag :benfica :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag :slbflag
benfica73
Junior

Postby SLB » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 am

Great goal for the guy and one that will give him confidence to push on in the team....
SLB
Manager

Postby acc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Bravo Alan! :up It's great to see that coaches give chances to young players like Kardec,Contento (Bayern).
acc
Junior

Postby Benfica Jag » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm struggling a wee bit with this guy.

He is getting the service he needs and he does work hard, but I reckon Nuno would've scored a good few where Alan hasn't.

I'd love to see him come good and don't like to criticise, but we really need goals now!
Benfica Jag
Junior

Postby SLB » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 pm

He needs a bit more time and to work on being more clinical in front of goal...don't write him off just yet
SLB
Manager

Postby Specialboots » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:19 am

My dad told me he looked very impressive against Beira-Mar today....

I wonder if he will get Cardozo's spot next season if cardozo leaves
Specialboots
Junior

Postby Mdot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am

I think he has the potential to be a great player for us. This past summer he was on fire for us during the off season. Then he had a minor injury and Jara started to light it up so he lost his sub in position. I'm glad that he's getting playing time again. Jara has been amazing but I think there could be a fit for Kadec too. If Cardozo goes we will have two options upfront as a replacement.
Mdot

Not sure...

Postby matt34nj » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Still not completely sold on this guy. When Cardozo went down back in the fall after the Schalke game, this kid had several chances on the worlds biggest stage and couldnt produce against CL competition. Cost us the Hapoel game and there several other missed opportunities and lots of headers going wide... Am i the only one that remembers this? OK for a sub and as a B team striker, but has been thoroughly outplayed by Jara... Only way he should get significant minutes is if Jara starts on the wing now for Salvio, and Kardec subs in for Cardozo or Saviola when we have a lead and sub out a forward... :geez
matt34nj
First Team

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion