Alan Kardec

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Alan Kardec

Postby 1904 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Ah yeah those two!

Thanks for the Marseille goal Kardec. Can't remember screaming GOLO in those decibels before.
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

I’ve always had a soft spot for this guy. Typically winter transfers don’t pan out and I never expected much when we got him but that first season he come up and got us that critical last min winning goal against Marseille to advance us that year, that was just an amazing way to break onto the scene. After that he just had too hard of a time breaking out. We loaned him out to Santos and I hear he was a key player on the team next to Neymar and got credit for one of the titles they won that year but when I look at his stats he scored a small amount of goals for a striker.

Looking at yesterday, the guy wants to play, he has talent but my question is does he warrant more playing time? I hope we renew Cardozo, he’s becoming a club legend and deserves to stay on the team. Lima has come up big this year and lived up to the hype he built last year at Braga. While I think both Lima and Cardozo are our main strikers, they are older and therefore it’s important he have the next batch of strikers coming up as buying a top end striker is typically one of the most expensive transfers on the market.

This is where we come to the likes of Rodrigo, Nelson, and Kardec. Rodrigo in the first half of last year was an animal, after his injury he was off for months but this season he’s been improving and getting back to those killer levels, therefore I get way he’s in rotation with Lima and Cardozo. Outside of that there is limited playing time, I’m glad Nelson was loaned out but he playing time has been limited at Deportivo. With Domingos Paciência taking over Deportivo, it looks like he may get more chances but that’s not guaranteed. I’m ok if he stays loaned out for the rest of the season but I hope he gets more time. Kardec is the odd ball on the team now, rarely is he called up to the bench, we’re at the mid-way point in the season and he just got subbed on yesterday for his first cap. Even if JJ uses him in the League Cup, there’s only 2 more matches and I bet if we’re playing in the final he’ll use a few more main guys to ensure we get that title, outside of that I don’t see how this kid will play on our team. He’s crying out for more playing time and I’m starting to think maybe a loan to a first division side in our liga would be a good idea. Maritimo and Gil badly need goal scorers so he would likely get playing time there but maybe I’m wrong on calling out for a loan. What do you guys say?
Mdot

Postby Forcaslb29 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 am

good post mdot..no doubt the guy has skill...but just not enough to push our top three aside...even mora, same thing
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:19 am

I think Kardec has more upside than Mora, mainly due to size and experience. Worth keeping if you are only going to get a million or so for him... As long as he is willing to stay, that is. He could be very useful down the line, if JJ ever resolves himself to rotating the players meaningfully. As the season wears on, playing in four competitions will definitely take a toll. Its definitely the prudent thing to do. I really liked the emotional display after the goal, BTW. He should get another shot in one of the cup games.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Stay_Toasty » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:07 am

https://www.facebook.com/MercadodaBolaR ... =1&theater
I dont know if this is true or just random internet crap this much for Alan Kardec would be lovely! Thats enough for another markovic.
Stay_Toasty
Junior

Postby Ed Gomes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Kardec (25 yrs old) cost Benfica 2.5 million euros in January of 2010. Since then, his market value has actually dropped to around 1.5 million euros. If Palmeiras was really going to offer 4 million, I think that we would jump at it.
When he was actually playing games for Benfica (Main and B Squad's) he had 10 goals and 4 assists

Mora has left the club on a free transfer, but he originally came to us on a free transfer.

Mori is 23 years old and cost us 2 million euros. He has 8 goals and 3 assists for the B Squad. By the way, he's listed the same size as Kardec.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:35 am

I'm trying to think if it was the second season under JJ that Kardec played a bit on the main team. I liked him at the time however he never lived up to his potential. I would gladly take anything close to 4 million for him. Mori is younger and has more room to grow whereas I can't see Kardec improving much more. For me the one memory I'll have of him is that last min goal against Marseille to get us that win in Europa. If we sell him, I wish the guy luck.
Mdot

Previous

Return to Latest News and General Discussion