#21 Pizzi

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

#21 Pizzi

Postby Mdot » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Full name: Luís Miguel Afonso Fernandes
Date of birth: 6 October 1989 (age 25)
Place of birth: Bragança, Portugal
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Central midfielder

I believe I read this correctly, Pizzi is now 100% owned by SLB after we bought the rest of his rights from A.Madrid.
http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=534234

According to that article he will have a 35million buyout. If he keeps performing well, we'll have to make sure we increase that buyout.
Mdot

Re: #21 Pizzi

Postby BC/SLB » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:48 pm

It's great he has been bought outright. He has been superb the last few weeks and seems to be providing in these last few weeks what I felt was missing in our play during the first half of the season, mainly some guile, precision and vision in the middle of the park. His best attributes for me are his vision to pick out the forwards with dangerous through passes, and his delivery from set pieces. Both of these are very useful to our attack.

What's more he is versatile too and can fill in on either flank or even as a second striker if needed. So all in all a very useful member to the squad. Some friends of mine who are Atletico Madrid fans were telling me recently that they were very impressed with him during his short time at the club and were disappointed he wasn't given a fair chance at their club. Good to see JJ thinks differently. If Pizzi keeps up this form he will also soon be knocking on the door of the Selecao.
BC/SLB
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Also with him only starting to see a few more mins in the second half of the season, I doubt he will attract much outside attention. It feels as if we are building for next season at the moment. I want us to pull off the title this year and next year just blow the lights out!

I'll throw in that we need a quality Portuguese player on our national team representing our club. He could be that player for us.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Lets hope he has a blinder of a game Sunday vs. his former team. With no Talisca, we will need Pizzi and Samaris to really pick it up for us against Braga.

I agree he looks more and more comfortable every week. Plus he is extremely versatile, which is another bonus.
matt34nj
First Team

Return to Latest News and General Discussion