Winter Transfer Window 2015

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Winter Transfer Window 2015

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Rochinha from Benfica B went on loan to Bolton. Loan moves to clubs like Bolton are a good choice in my opinion, as long as they don't all go out on 'loans' like Rodrigo and André Gomes.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:48 pm

That's were Rodrigo went before coming back and lighting it up for us. I wish the kid well
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:50 pm

@ Motion-Bolton has no money, no worries there... LOL

I saw an artilce that, in addition to Jonanthan Rodriguez, we cherrypicked three other promising young players from the Penarol academy. I gues that was why the negotiations dragged on.

However, one article in read from a south american paper says Jonathan runs with a bad crowd, parties at night, and could be a huge risk as a flop. Somewhat troubling, epsecially when you take the failed Braga physical into account. Anybody know details about the failed pyhhsical? or these other players? Then again, I have seen players fail a physical for
bad teeth of all things-see Marqhuinos transfer from Rome to PSG if you dont believe me...

Disappointed in the Bernardo sale, like everyone else, but it might free up opportunities for guys like Luis Farina (showing great signs of promise at Deportivo), Pizzi, and Djuricic, among others. Time will tell and lets see if Bernardo becomes the next Andre Gomes, or the next David Simao.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Not sure if the Jonathan rumours are true or not, what is true though is that his deal hasn't been completed and we don't know if it's permanent, or loan, or some semi dodgy deal to fill the pockets of agents...
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby BC/SLB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:43 pm

Yeah really, what a fiasco this whole attempt to sign Jonathan Rodriguez has been. According to the papers today he's finally joined the team, but there still seems to be some confusion as to the details of the transfer.

I hope so because the defeat against Pacos just confirmed what I have been thinking all season long, that we need another quality striker in the squad, a proper goalscorer. Cardozo hasn't been replaced and needs to be. Jonas has been great so far but we need an alternative to Lima for center forward. Derley is nothing special at all and we need a better striker than him. I think he's scored just 2 goals in almost 20 appearances in all competitions this season, which really says it all.

Hopefully this Jonathan transfer has been sorted out as the papers claim and it would be great if he could bring something different to our attack.
BC/SLB
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 pm

It also sounds like we took on an additional player with Jonathan. Supposedly he's skilled with the ball but admitted he's not a fast player. Since JJ loves his players to be always running back and forth, I can see this additional kid getting sent on loan or getting parked on the bench.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 am

"promising indeed. quick, strong and direct" words from the quality journalist that is @Tim_Vickery

although he denied knowing anything about to too much drinking lol. one thing is for certain, if he loses focus for one bit Jesus will rip him apart.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby matt34nj » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:54 pm

From the videos, Jonathan looks to have a solid build and a direct style of play. Fast, direct, and physical. Reminds me a bit of Brasilian Ronaldo, at least before he got fat and rich and lazy, lol.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby BC/SLB » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Yeah I think his direct style of play could fit in nicely with the team. Certainly against Pacos and even last night to a certain extent, we lacked a bit of direct play from our forwards, and they didn't put lots of pressure on the defense.

Jonathan looks like he could really bring something different to the attack. At the very least he should be a more dangerous attacking option to bring off the bench than Derley has been all season (that can't be too hard lol!).

It seems the other player Alvarez will be loaned out until the end of the season to get playing time. With Amorim returning soon, and hopefully Fejsa too at some point, they will seem like new January signings and a big boost to the midfield options.
BC/SLB
Substitute

Postby miklos-russia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:51 pm

lots of serbian players? at least one russian must be too, then ;)
though I didn't see any games, where Lystsov played

he was the youngest player in Lokomotiv-2012, made his debut in 17, but played only one game (with Slaven Bilic, who liked young players).
don't know, what JJ wants to get from him. let's see him playing for B squad, good luck!
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:59 am

Miklos-welcom back and great to hear from you!! Was wondering how you have been...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby miklos-russia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 am

matt34nj wrote:Miklos-welcom back and great to hear from you!! Was wondering how you have been...

thanks mate!! too much work... But I try to watch all Benfica games, of course, happy to see us on top! and I'm waiting for the derby game so much :benficaflag
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Mdot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Loved reading that Simao could be coming back to play his last bit of his career with us. I have to wonder what he has left to give but it would be amazing to just see him back on the team. Great leader and someone the youth players can look up to.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:49 pm

even if he was on the bench, would be top to see Simao back :D
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Latest News and General Discussion