Summer Transfer Window 2014

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2014

Postby Mantorras77 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm

how about instead of signing Jonas we give Nelson Oliveira and the kid Guedes a chance?
Mantorras77
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:39 pm

LOL... you are asking for JJ and LFV to go against their core values and give the kids a chance
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 am

No kidding lol. On a comical Abola goes from Jonas is signing with us on Wednesday to he's signing for us on Thursday. Prediction, tomorrow in Abola there will be breaking news that he's signing for us on Friday.

I don't get why we held on to Nelson. We gave him zero opportunities in pre-season. When we are struggling to score goals the kid doesn't even get called up to warm up on the sidelines. It's clear he's not part of the plans. Loan him back out to him give him some type of market value and sell him if we have no need for him.
Mdot

Postby CowCoentrao » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm

My dad says the same thing about using the strikers we currently have. While I agree and I think 1 of Bebe/Nelson/Guedes + 1 of Derley/Lima could make a decent pair, realistically it doesn't look like JJ will actually try this. With that in mind, Jonas would be a good short-term improvement.
CowCoentrao
Junior

Postby Ed Gomes » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I actually believe that everyone, including Benfica, knows Jonas is a short term solution. We probably had to give him to years for him to come, but it gives us a veteran cover in case of injuries. At the very least he's an experienced guy.
There's always a lot talk about Nelson. Unfortunately for Benfica, he's really been poor. He's gone abroad and actually started well with clubs, but faded badly. We just don't know what he's been producing in training. The B Squad might not be an option since there's 4 center forwards currently there. Based on the current squad make up, I still think he'll get his chances in Cup matches. We have a full slate of games once again, and we'll need the coverage.
Unfortunately for Nelson, I think that JJ might play Samaris and Cristante together and push Talisca up, to sit just behind Lima.
Regardless, there's a lot of unknowns right now, with all the new faces and struggling players. Nelson isn't the only one that needs to step up. Yes, I'm talking to you Ola and Sulejmani and Almeida and Eliseu and…
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Previous

Return to Latest News and General Discussion