Winter Transfer News

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Winter Transfer News

Postby Mdot » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:07 am

As the holiday's approaches so do the rumors on the upcoming sales, no I'm not talking about boxing day, what I'm talking about is all the random rumors that likely will be meaningless for the winter transfer window :reading

I figured since I'm reading more and more rumors that it was time to open this one up again so people can put down any rumors they are hearing, their two cents, etc... I'll kick it off:

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=442703
Kadlec again on radar
Supposedly we had some interest in this LB. This past summer he went from Leverkusen to Fenerbahçe but they are over their foreigner quota and are looking to off load him. We're one of the clubs getting named, if Cortez does go back to Brazil I could see the need for more depth.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=442559
Man United will not giving up on Garay
Same thing we've heard the past few windows, United love Garay but have never stepped up on price and I don't see us selling. They threw in Napoli as a club that is also interested.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/444596/Napoli-looking-to-trump-Man-Utd-Liverpool-and-Chelsea-for-Benfica-s-Nemanja-Matic
Napoli looking to trump Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea for Benfica's Nemanja Matic
Talk is that Napoli are pushing at the 17million pound mark, way off from our asking price. We'll see what the EPL clubs start saying about that since he's our main target from most clubs.

While we still have a shot at the CL knockout rounds, it does seem unlikely we will make it which could increase the risk of the club off loading one or two players. I still think we should hold to our valuations and worst case not sell anyone. We have a squad that can push for titles and I would hate to see too many key changes on the team.
Mdot

Re: Winter Transfer News

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Abola say right-back Wallace from Inter Milan is of interest to Benfica

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=442766
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:24 am

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=443240
Matic convinces Man United
The British newspaper Daily Mirror insists, on Monday, with the interest of Manchester United's Nemanja Matic hiring. According to that source, Matic was observed by emissaries of Manchester United in the last two games of Benfica, being convinced of the value of the average Serbian. 's said that English club may submit a proposal in January by hiring the player may, however, face competition from the Naples club recently that was also associated with Matic.

I still don't think United will pay up for Matic's buyout. Given how often their scouts have been at our stadium that past few years, I'm just dead set they are closet Benfiquistas :ok
Mdot

Postby BC/SLB » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:19 am

If we don't make it to the CL knock-out stage then due to the money lost we will almost certainly have to make a big sale in January. We all hope it won't be Matic or Garay, and hopefully it'll be Gaitan rather (finally!!)

There's rumours of quite a few players joining in January, but I don't think we really need anyone. The squad is big enough as it is, and it's already a challenge keeping everyone happy with playing time. Already talented players such as Ola John, Andre Gomes, Sulejmani and Steven Vitoria have hardly played this season due to how big the squad is.

And Salvio's return, hopefully as soon as January, will be like a big "buy" for the club. We've really missed his cutting edge so far this season, and I think he will make a big difference to the team when he returns.
BC/SLB
Substitute

Postby miklos-russia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 am

Eugene Konoplyanka can join Benfica according to O Jogo
It will be amazing to buy him instead of Gaitan.
I saw this player a lot of time. Waiting for him really much.
And personally he is a very good guy too, so he won't have a problem in the team.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Mdot » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:12 pm

I know this section is just for us but my Chelsea buddies won't stop sending me various links about Jackson from Porto going to Chelsea in the winter window for 40million. Supposedly his agent was in London working out contract details. I know this time of year brings about random rumors but man I really hope this is true. Jackson accounted for 40% of Porto's goals last season. Given that they are having a harder time without Joao, losing Jackson could be critical in the dropping more points then normal.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Thats just it, MDOT. Porto are in a tailspin and you just know deep down inside that they are not going to finish the season with Ghilas and Kleber ( :lol2 :lol: :geez ) as their strikers. Unless they sew up a deal for a proven striker in the winter window, which to me seems unlikely, no way Jackson gets sold. But we can dream, cant we.

the only sale I can see Porto making in Jan is for one of their CB's, hopefully Mangala, that guy is a beast and will fetch them a huge profit. Man City, United, and Chelsea are all looking for CB help...

I also read we are tracking a young Ukranian winger. Maybe Miklos can give us a scouting report on him and the other guy he mentioned...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby miklos-russia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:55 pm

matt34nj wrote: with Ghilas and Kleber ( :lol2 :lol: :geez ) .

Kleber ahahahah

as for Konoplyanka, I'll try to write some words about him and show some videos of his skills. Very talented player, but nobody knows how good can he play in Europe. He is not Shevchenko of course (i mean not the position on the pitch, but the level of the player), but his potential is very high
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Sadly, I think we can expect an exodus of players in January, if we don't advance in the CL.
Garay leaving seems a sure thing, but there's a few factors involved. Real still owns 50% of Garay, and they just might want him back. Secondly, since we would only recoup 50%, the transfer fee would have to be pretty high. Garay cost us 5.5 million euros for 50% of him. He's currently valued around 20 million euros.
Matic could also go if the numbers add up, as could Nico. Ola would most likely go out on loan, and could see the same for Rodrigo.
I don't see us making any huge signings. January fees tend to be inflated, and we have a big squad. We could use a striker, but Nelson is showing well in France, Mori is doing well with the B Squad and Rodrigo is also young and full of potential. Markovic also plays his best, off the striker.

As for Porto, there in the same boat since CL seems done and dusted. I just don't see them moving Jackson, since there's really nothing besides him.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Garay supposedly is shooting down rumors. Stated that he's earned a starting position on Argentina due to his efforts at our club and to risk going to another club, potentially not playing as much, could mean he doesn't go to the world cup. So I think there is a very big incentive for him not to rock the boat when it comes to his playing time.

With Lima under performing and Cardozo out for I don't know how long, if Rodrigo steps up the next couple of game I can see the club not wanting to sell and if he gets playing time then I can see him wanting to stay.

I fully agree that Ola will very likely be gone in Jan and a loan is most likely. I still think Matic could be the player that we will let go for the right price. Almost like David Luiz where we didn't want to sell but then under performed that first half of the season and we agreed to let him go in Jan. There are alot of clubs looking at him and if he puts up a good game against PSG, I bet we'll see a boat load of offers.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Have faith in Andre Gomes, if Matic goes. Remember the gloom and doom after Witsel and Javi left? If selling Matic lets us keep Garay and lock him up with a new contract, I could swallow that. We need to be realistic, especially if we dont advance in the CL...

My only worry would be relying on Fejsa as the starting DM, as he has not shown the ability to stay healthy at anytime in his career and that terrifies me. But if selling Matic requires us to shuffle things around and gives Gomes and Djuricic more time to play and establish themselves, I can deal with that.

Remember also, Porto already sold James and Moutinho, and will be selling Fernando in January unless they want him to walk in June for a free. So the MF of our biggest rival is in worse disarray than ours would be with Matic gone...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Ed Gomes » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 pm

We might of just gotten the best transfer news possible.
Porto is resigning Quaresma.
LOL
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:21 pm

No kidding. A guy that has a history of getting high salaries, looks past prime, hasn't played a game in almost a year, massive ego, history of butting heads with other players and managers. I hope they enjoy every last min of it.
Mdot

Postby Mdot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:41 pm

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=445167
Parzyszek negotiated next week
By Nuno Paralvas

Benfica and De Graafschap , Netherlands Division II club , should meet soon to discuss the transfer of Piotr Parzyszek , advanced 20 years . The technical director of the Dutch club , Roland Vroomans revealed the BALL , which incarnates expressed interest in contracting of international under- 21 Polish and that negotiations should soon meet an outcome .

The technical director of the Dutch club will not reveal who you talked to Benfica , but confirms that the steps for understanding among the clubs pursuing a meeting with officials incarnate is planned : ' . Come to the Netherlands to discuss the transfer next week '

De Graafschap , explains the director , " has no interest" in the process " is time consuming 'and believes that' the faster things will settle better for the clubs and the player ." Is therefore willing to negotiate , although already clear that the strategy prepared - ' Parzyszek has a contract until 2016 without the termination clause , and we'll see what Benfica has to offer , "says Vroomans - try to make the most advantage of the interest of Benfica . It is clear that the Dutch see welcome a transfer to the Light , advertising , now , wish they Parzyszek ' stay at De Graafschap until the end of the season . "

The leader speaks of " great importance to the team and the enormous potential 'of Parzyszek , recognizing that a move to a club like Benfica , one much larger than the dimension De Graafschap , will ' require some time to adapt ."

Top scorer in Division II of the Netherlands with 15 goals in 17 games , made ​​Parzyszek training at De Graafschap since 2007 , coming into the first team last season , in which signed 13 goals in 28 games . This season has continued to progress and attracted the attention of the picker under 21 Poles Marcin Dorna , who sent an envoy to the Netherlands to observe it , taking into account that from a young left Poland . Was named to represent the country and played twice in qualifying for Euro 2015 .

It seems like we're pretty close to signing this guy but to me he'll go straight to the B-team. If we waste any serious money on him I'll be kinda pissed. Yes he sounds very promising but we have Rodrigo that needs more time and I'm worried we'll lose Nelson if he don't give him a spot on the team next season.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 pm

A lot of talk of Cardozo leaving, once again. Amazingly its Barca who's mentioned. They feel he'll be a good soldier and not mind coming off the bench.
I still feel once we're officially out of the CL, a few guys will go. Frankly I think that Lima's poor start might be the only thing that keeps Cardozo.
I do agree that Rodrigo should be getting more looks. Mori has also played well for the B Squad.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion