Summer Transfer Market 2013

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Summer Transfer Market 2013

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Jardel has stated that he would prefer top leave, instead of continuing to be a backup. That should meant that Lopez stays.
By the way, I still think that Garay could go. More than one big club (City, Arsenal, Barca, United) is looking for a CB. You can throw Real buying him back should they sell Pepe.

On a side note, Javi Garcia at CB for City has been a disaster. He can't play the high line due to his foot speed and isn't very tall. He's just looked awful in his appearances.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mantorras77 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Ed Gomes wrote:Jardel has stated that he would prefer top leave, instead of continuing to be a backup. That should meant that Lopez stays.
By the way, I still think that Garay could go. More than one big club (City, Arsenal, Barca, United) is looking for a CB. You can throw Real buying him back should they sell Pepe.

On a side note, Javi Garcia at CB for City has been a disaster. He can't play the high line due to his foot speed and isn't very tall. He's just looked awful in his appearances.

I think Lopez is perfect for JJ's tactic..don't get why get rid of him. At the minimum should be #3 CB on team right now.
Mantorras77
Junior

Postby miklos-russia » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 am

Wow, Lorenzo Melgarejo will be playing in Russia for Kuban - the new interesting team in our championship (they already have such well-known players as Xandao, Kabore, Dealbert, Cisse, Balde, etc). Very good! Kuban fans are celebrating this transfer now.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Not surprised that Melgarejo was transferred out. He lost JJ's favour as soon as Cortez was brought in. Cotez has no competition besides Silvio(injured), and that's a problem.

Anyway, hope Melga does well in Russia. Would be interesting to know whether he'll play as a winger or left back.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby slbquista » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Any one know how much we got for Melga?
slbquista
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Has it been confirmed?
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby miklos-russia » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm

now there are some news about Melga, that he is going to play for Rubin. Also a good chance, though Rubin has at least 3 left defenders. Maybe they want to use him as a winger?
Anyway, I'll be happy to see this player in our championship.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby CowCoentrao » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:43 am

Mantorras77 wrote:
Ed Gomes wrote:Jardel has stated that he would prefer top leave, instead of continuing to be a backup. That should meant that Lopez stays.

I think Lopez is perfect for JJ's tactic..don't get why get rid of him. At the minimum should be #3 CB on team right now.

What we think doesn't matter if JJ is always going to use Luisao and Garay. It's better for Lopez to get games on loan than to be sitting on the bench all the time.
CowCoentrao
Junior

Postby BC/SLB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Latest news is that it could be Rodrigo who's the striker we sell. Several English clubs are interested, and today's the last day of transfers of course. If it were up to me and had to choose between the two, i would definitely prefer to keep Cardozo and sell Rodrigo. No question about that for me, we need a prolific striker in this squad, and there are already signs that Lima may not have the same scoring impact as last year.

The best solution would be to keep both Cardozo and Rodrigo though and put Funes Mori on loan. What's clear is that we need 3 central strikers in the squad to be able to constantly outscore our opposition (cos i just can't see regular cleansheets with JJ in charge lol).

Was also surprised Lisandro got loaned out. He looked promising and would much rather have loaned out either Jardel or Mitrovic instead. Luisao hasn't got the legs for a full season of games, so hopefully Vitoria gets some matches and does well.

It looks like Garay and Matic will both be staying, unless there's some last minute drama today. If both those guys stay, it would make a big difference to our prospects for the season, as both bring much needed solidity to this team. However let's not forget the Russian window lasts another week after today and some of those Russian clubs have serious cash. Lets see what materialises...
BC/SLB
Substitute

Postby matt34nj » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm

This is too good to be true: Porto have reportedly sold Fernando to Everton for 15 mil, to replace the Man U bound Fellaini. :up Supposedly Roberto Martinez, the Everton coach, was at a work permit hearing for him this morning and Everton flatly refused to finalize the details of the Fellaini transfer until Fernando was secured as the replacement.

I dont think Porto have anything close to a replacement for this guy, he was the backbone of the team. I fell asleep watching the Pacos game yesterday, but suffice to say that Porto wasnt that impressive. I dont think that Defour, Lucho, Josue, and Montero provide any defensive cover at all. That means that Herrera is likely the new guy, and hes more a box to box guy. Unless they try to convert Danilo or Reyes to a DM. Will they make a last minute buy? This could bode well for us in the long run...

On the Benfica front, no transfer news about Cardozo. The only attention seems to be with Ola John, who is rumored to be heading to Ajax... Please just let us keep Garay and Matic. I dont care if we sell Ola, Rodrigo, Gaitan, Urreta, Jardel, etc. Just keep the big boys, please!
matt34nj
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 pm

One more thing. I though that I was reading this wrongly, but apparently the Russian transfer window closes tonight as well: http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/lea ... window.htm

If this is correct, at least we dont have to worry about getting done dirty again like Zenit got us for Witsel.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Ed Gomes » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:09 pm

If the Russian changed it Transfer deadline to coincide with the rest of Europe's, that would be great news. That was my biggest concern, having a Russian club come in and grab someone with a big money offer.
I will say that Russian clubs have seemed to backpeddal a bit on the money splashing. Anzhi, due to owners health and economic (business) downturn, are no longer players. Zenit seems to be in a holding pattern/maintain mode.

I just want the window to close so the club and players can settle. I was not happy with what I saw this pass weekend. Energy and purpose needs to increase.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby matt34nj » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 pm

I think the Fernando deal has been scuppered. Everton are looking at other targets and Fellaini might not even move after all. Like I said, too good to be true. Sorry for crying wolf.

On a side note, if we can get that LB from Granada (and keep Garay, Matic, and Cardozo...) that would be a real coup. Cortez is terrible, and Sporting constantly attacked down his side of the field. And Silvio is not any better, IMO. Also, I think it is good to keep Vitoria over Lopez. Lopez needs to get used to European ball and play every day, while Vitoria is more mature and versatile and obviously very familiar with the Liga. But Vitoria should still be seeing the field and dressing every game as the 3rd CB, with Jardel to be sold or strictly cup team/B team material.

Lastly, Gil Vincente beat Braga playing with 9 guys. Guess they arent so bad after all, but we still should have blown them out if the water.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Siqueira, left-back from Granada, close to joining Benfica on a loan
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Melga confirmed in Kuban Krasnodar for €5m
http://www.slbenfica.pt/noticias/detalh ... nodar.aspx