Summer Transfer Market 2013

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Summer Transfer Market 2013

Postby Mdot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:59 pm

I figured I would get this started early since it's been announced we have just signed Jorge Rojas. He's 20year old winger from Paraguay. Supposedly he was one of Paraguay’s main U-21 wingers and has already got one cap under his belt for the main national side. I don’t know if he will have a role in our team next season or if he will go to the b-team. So far no word if he’s just a free agent or if we actually paid anything for him. It's a 5 year contract we put him on.

Mdot

Re: Summer Transfer Market 2013

Postby Mdot » Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

I can only guess the level of transfer rumors will pick up shortly. Personally I’m interested in a LB and that’s it. We have enough youth on our B-team and players loaned out. If we lose a key player like Garay then sign a top CB.

Newest rumor is that we are after Markovic (Serbian forward from Partizan). As much as I love Matic and Filip Djuricic seems like an interesting addition, if we do sign Markovic, I have no clue where he’ll play outside the b-team. Maybe due to Matic’s success, Serbian kids could be interested in our club so it could open the door to bring on some interesting talent for our B-team. My fear is players that expect to play on the main team, especially how stacked the forward department. I don’t want any more guys like Kardec that show potential yet feel they are wasting their time at our club by only sitting on the bench and eventually start resenting our club.

I still think we should stop wasting any cash on transfers and additional salaries when we have enough depth on the main team and b-team. Save that cash for higher salaries so we can up our buyouts and keep talent longer.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=403332
Mdot

Postby Mdot » Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Benfica contrata irmão de Matic
http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=403640

Looks like we just signed Matic's brother, Uros Matic, on a 1year contract with an option to extend. To me I think this is a move to help ensure Matic stays for next season.
Mdot

Postby Forcaslb29 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Mdot wrote:Benfica contrata irmão de Matic
http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=403640

Looks like we just signed Matic's brother, Uros Matic, on a 1year contract with an option to extend. To me I think this is a move to help ensure Matic stays for next season.

thats exactly it...money well spent if you ask me too. I think we need depth in D. A left back is key, and I would be more than happy if we sign that kid from Partizan. Ill post more later in a rush, but looks like Moutinho and James may be heading out of porto
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby Mdot » Wed May 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Also seems like VP will be gone to Everton. There are also rumors about Jackson going. While I hate the idea of Porto getting anywhere need $100million in transfer dollars to spend, the idea of their main stars and manager leaving could destabilize their club a little bit.
Mdot

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Mdot wrote:Also seems like VP will be gone to Everton. There are also rumors about Jackson going. While I hate the idea of Porto getting anywhere need $100million in transfer dollars to spend, the idea of their main stars and manager leaving could destabilize their club a little bit.

Hopefully the majority of that money goes to paying off debt they have built up. Lol
You know, like the refs and hookers . :P
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Wed May 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Hope all these Serbians we are singing work out. We might be able to create a good following in Serbia if we do. What position does Uros play? I'd look it up myself buy I'm on my phone and busy at work. I'll problem wait to see when u get home later today.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby slbquista » Wed May 22, 2013 8:36 pm

I believe he plays attacking midfielder or wide on either side - and he's right footed.
Looks like a b team player but maybe he'll show some good stuff!
slbquista
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed May 22, 2013 9:48 pm

So many names I don't know where to start :geez stupid journos
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Benfica's transfer season began very early. We already had guys on the books, well before the campaign was over.

Rojas is a right winger that cost 1.3 million euros. Very young at 20, and has played on the left and CAM position.
Djuricic cost 6 million euros and is a highly regarded attacking midfielder. He has played on the left and as a striker.
Mitrovic, the center back cost 1.1 million euros. He's only 23 years old, but we paid above marjet value for him. A bit of a head scratcher, but he has been used as a Defensive Mid as well.
Sulejmani is the forgotten man. The forward, mostly on the right, some left, came for free. He was highly touted, but was sat down due to the manager, once he announced he wanted to leave.
Uros, hopefully will help keep Matic.
Having too many from one nation, sometimes can backfire. Cliques are bound to form, and that's ok as long as we're together in the field.

We also have 15 players coming back from loan.
I wonder if David Simao will be given an opportunity, or sold.
Frankly, most of the stuff coming back, we don't want and will hope to add revenue by going back out on loan.

Remember that Aimar and Miguel Vitor are both gone.
Aimar could still come back, but he's more of an elder statement and not player.

Out of the current squad, I only see Martins leaving, plus any transfers that we sell. I think that Garay and Nico will be gone. Hopefully we'll be able to hold onto Matic another season. Cardozo could be a shock sell.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:34 pm

The 70million for Moutinho and James seems confirmed. With the Hulk money of 60million, Porto could have a good amount of cash to spend.

There's a rumor that A.Madrid may go after Cardozo as a replacement for Falcao, give us 30-40million and I could deal with him going. To add to Ed's comments Rosa's agent made it clear this year that either he gets a shot at the main team for next season or he wants a transfer out.

I'm so sick of us signing every name in the book. The amount of rumors seem like they are on overdrive so far and I would hate it if we become a club with a reputation of signing players and not giving them a shot to play. It could turn off prospects in the future.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu May 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Monaco are going to be serious players in the market. The owner is talking about building a stadium with only luxury suites for the Monaco VIP/rich clients/citizens. The atmosphere would definitely be different.
Mdot, keep in mind that Porto doesn't own all of their players. For most of Porto's players, they only hold a percentage of them. They were +74 million in transfers last season and +12 million the previous year.

As for Benfica, we are looked upon very favorably by agents and up and coming players, as a great place to go and get noticed. Our transfers have made a lot of money at top clubs throughout Europe. While we may frown about where Bruno Cesar went, others will look at the money he is making. The opportunities have expanded.
I do agree that we have a bloated squad, and for me a bit disjointed. For the most part I liked JJ's game to game substitutions, but there were times when Martins and even Roderick were used after long layoffs during critical times. That has to get cleaned up. I would prefer guys that didn't look at Benfica has a one year stop off. That would be dangerous a dangerous pattern.

I don't see Atletico Madrid or any other club paying 30 to 40 mil for Cardozo. If we get anything between 15 to 20 mil we would take it. I love Cardozo, and maybe this Europa campaign heightened his appeal, but 30 to 40 is too high.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Forcaslb29 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:45 am

I still think Cardozo is our top striker, and him leaving would hurt us more than losing Gaitan or Garay. I would hate to see Garay go, we just dont have another top CB to replace him. Jardel did well when he played consistently but I dont think he is starting material for Benfica.

On another thread someone talked aboutr Nelson Oliveira. I still think hes young, and he was hurt for a good part of the year, but he can still be a top player as well. I imagine they'll see what he does in the preseason and go from there.

My only hope this off season is we dont buy players like Hugo Viera, Michel etc. Why buy these guys if they'll never have a hope in hell of making the team. It seems like when we spend a bit of money we usually get quality in return, so I think Rui and LFV should just trust themselves and stop buying these duds from mid table Portuguese clubs
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby Mdot » Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Supposedly French papers are saying the deal is only 55$ for those two clowns lol. As for Monaco, while it’s a tax haven, the other French clubs are kicking up a storm saying that they shouldn’t be allowed in the French league since the other clubs have to deal with that 75% tax rate on their players (therefore driving wage costs higher) and it’s unfair competition to have a club in their league with player contracts that don’t have to worry about taxes. Supposedly the French league was seriously considering putting a massive tax on Monaco as an additional requirement to play in their league. I’m not too sure where that stands but it wouldn’t shock me if they turn out like Malaga, where they had rich Arab owners dump a massive amount of cash and then they had issues with the City in terms of not getting the rights to build their resorts and financial corruption within the club itself that they pulled the plug on new cash to that club. To me these money clubs can have the potential do challenge for titles (Chelsea for example) but when these owners throw a fit and are done with their toy, they don’t have much to stand on.

As for our transfers, I would rather keep Cardozo over getting 15million. Once again Juvi is rumored to be interested in Nico. I agree with Forcaslb that players like Hugo Viera and Michel seem like a waste of money (even though their transfers and wages are cheaper than other players), for me that money can get put to better usage. I agree that guys like Martins need to go. At least with Roderick he can get playing time on the B-team to keep his match fitness up and get called up to league cup games or matches were we need him on the bench. I also want to stay away from the Witsel’s or Ramires. Good players and great cash for the club but to get a player for one season who becomes a key member and then lose him right destabilizes our club. I want quality players but I want to keep them for a few years.
Mdot

Postby CowCoentrao » Fri May 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Hugo Vieira was free so I didn't have a problem with that one. Actually I think he deserves another chance because his goalscoring improved this season at Gil Vicente. 8 goals but in only 1/2 a season. He could be useful like Jara was, if he doesn't mind being a 4th choice striker.

I agree we shouldn't have a lot of players who aren't loyal, but if we have 1 player out of 20 who isn't and he's as good as Ramires, then I'd take him because that can be a difference maker in winning a trophy.
CowCoentrao
Junior

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion