Jorge Jesus- Manager

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Jorge Jesus- Manager

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am

oh lord Jesus please either play it simple or invent something totally idiotic for us to win Barca tomorrow...

Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 am

Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby miklos-russia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Rubin Kazan is ready to invite JJ, according to Record.
Well, I really had a feeling, that one time JJ will come to Russian championship. Big money and so on..
I don't want him to go. Rubin used to play ultra-defensive football, and how can JJ offer them a new style?
It's just a nonsense, I think. And I dont want to know, who will be the next Benfica coach after JJ. Jesus must stay with us for a very long time.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Mdot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

He’s already paid very well so Ruben would really have to step up his wages to pull him away. Personally if he wins titles this year, I can see him staying at our club for several years to come.

On the topic of JJ, he celebrates his 200th game as manager this Thursday. His current record at Benfica is 139 wins, 31 draws and 29 defeats. He’s currently having one of his best seasons this year and if he gets us the Taca, Liga, and EL he will be the best manager we’ve had in modern history.
Mdot

Postby miklos-russia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:13 pm

It was said later, that news about JJ in Kazan - total nonsense. good.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Mdot » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:58 pm

There is more talk former Porto stars that JJ would be welcome at their club if he doesn’t renew with us. Its funny how these clowns made of him and now they are looking at their own manager wishing he was like JJ. At the end of the day I would love to see JJ stay at our club but he needs to win our liga, if he blows this lead we have, I’ll have very little mercy for him, if he wins the title I say give him another 3 year contract.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 pm

That's exactly the point Mdot. As fans, we've killed JJ for tactics, player selection, comments, etc... But as soon as someone wants to hire him away, people want to lock him up with a new deal.
Frankly, he needs to win the league this season, and the Taca should be a given.
He's already very well paid, so if wants to jump for more cash, there's nothing we can do.

As for possible replacements, I'm a big fan of Bielsa and Pellegrini. Both could be available. Many might say they're too big for Portugal, but we would bring them CL play and possible history making legacy.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby helderslb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm

lets keep in mind that JJ has not won anything yet this year, and if he manages to not win the league than he should get fired!!!
helderslb
First Team

JJ Fica No Benfica!!!

Postby Benfiquista » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm happy Jorge Jesus is staying in Benfica even though some want him out, but to those who want him out can you please tell me who was Benfica's best coach since he arrived? To find that answer you have to go way back into the 1980's and say Sven-Goran Eriksson. I know a lot of Benfiquista's are pissed because our club was on the verge of an historic treble, but some clubs don't even come close to possibly winning three titles in one season. At least we can say we fought for the League on the last day of the season and were in the Europa League and Taca de Portugal final. At least under Jesus we fight for championships late on during the season while other teams seasons are unusually done and dusted before the new year.

213 Jogos: 148-34-31
Portuguese League: 89-18-13
Taca de Portugal: 13-1-2
SuperCup: 0-0-1
Taca da Liga: 16-3-0
Champions League: 10-7-9 (2-2-0)
Europa League: 20-5-6

2009/10: 1stLeague, Rd32Taca, WTaca da Liga, EuropaLeagueQF
2010/11: 2ndLeague, SFTaca, WTaca da Liga, 3rdCL-EuropaLeagueSF
2011/12: 2ndLeague, Rd16Taca, WTaca da Liga, ChampionsLeagueQF
2012/13: 2ndLeague, RUTaca, SFTaca da Liga, 3rdCL-EuropaLeagueRU

- Brought us to a European Final for the first time in twenty-three years.
- Most successful manager in the Lisbon Derby.
- First Manager to win a game on German soil (He actually has TWO victories now!)
- Nine-teen successive domestic victories after the 5-0 drubbing in the Dragao, beating the previous record of six-teen which was held by Jimmy Hagan's 1972–73 team.

#TakeTheGoodWithTheBad
Forca Benfica e Jesus :slbscarf :ptscarf
Benfiquista

Postby Mdot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I’ve locked the other manager topic as officially JJ is staying on.

Benfiquista makes some great points. No one can take away how much of an improvement the club has had under JJ. So one can only hope we continue to improve and it means titles.

However I still feel that after the heartbreak fans just received, it will be very hard for the fan base to give the same level of support. For the club to want a large amount of excitement and support they need to take advantage of the fact that we are hosting the CL and are a first seed club. It is very critical we advance out of the group stage since failure there could quickly turn fans against JJ and the club.
Mdot

Postby miklos-russia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:25 am

As I read some news - JJ rejected the offer from Anzhi (8 millions per year!!!), Fenerbahce and ... Porto (5m per year) !

I'm glad. He stays.
miklos-russia
First Team

Postby Portucale » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am

And don't forget the valorisation of the players that have passed through Benfica and went to other clubs… All in All I think that JJ is the right man for the job, and I am sure better things will come.
VIVA O BENFICA, VIVA O GLORIOSO
Portucale
Junior

Postby Portucale » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:34 am

Just a quick table:

Bought Sold
Ramires Chelsea £6,600,000 £19,800,000
David Luiz Chelsea £440,000 £26,400,000
Javi Garcia Man City £6,160,000 £15,800,000
Axel Witsel Zenit £7,920,000 £30,000,000
Sub-Totals £21,120,000 £92,000,000

Profit!! £70,880,000
VIVA O BENFICA, VIVA O GLORIOSO
Portucale
Junior

Postby Mdot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am

Throw in Di Maria and Fabio on that list and I'm pretty sure we are north of a 100million in profits within the last 3-4 seasons. That ignores that some of our dealings have resulted in us getting Matic and Rodrigo for next to nothing.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Matic came for free from Chelsea. I believe he was the throw in on the Luis deal.
The other important factor is that we got back the transfer fee for players that didn't work out. The Emerson and Eder's of the club, were sold on for their original cost. Yes we lost 500k on the Emerson deal but got that back in moving Capdevilla for 500k after coming for free.

Financial success is as important as Silverware in this day and age. With that, JJ and LFV have done tremendous.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion