Jorge Jesus- Manager

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Jorge Jesus- Manager

Postby Benfiquista » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Jesus Rejects Contract of 5Mill from Al-Nassr
I would've love to see him reject a same offer if maybe another team called Chelsea gave him the same contract because if he did then I would love this man even more then I do right now lol.
Benfiquista

Postby Mdot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 am

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=279167

Jesus makes 30 European games for Benfica
For Nuno Reis
the third season of the chest eagle, Jorge Jesus continues to bring down this time chasing records and the highest number of games in European competitions for a coach of Benfica, a goal that can still achieve this season. For now, the technical Portuguese prepares to meet the challenges of three dozen officers in UEFA competition, what will happen tomorrow, in Turkey, compared to Trabzonspor, a number that puts him, by far, second in the table. Ago, names like Béla Guttmann and Toni, with 22 appearances, but both limited by the small number of games taking place in European competition when it directed the The Hungarian Club of Light, for example, won two European Champion Clubs' Cups that are embodied in history, while Toni led Benfica in 1993/1994, the semi-finals of the now defunct Cup Winners' Cup, having been eliminated then at Parma. Jesus has benefited in particular from Europe League in attendance, since last season made ​​it to the semi-final (eliminated by SC Braga) and in the previous quarter-end (away from Liverpool), because the contribution of the Champions League has been limited as a result of the elimination of last season still in group stage. This year's Benfica in three starts. qualifying round with two games to pass faces a play-off, with as many meetings, and if it continues in the tournament will then be secured at least six more matches concerning the group stage. Read more in the print edition of the Ball

As always the translated version is a bit rough but the link can provide you the original in Portuguese.

I know we haven't won any European titles but at the same time for this man to be in the top tier of our coaches in Europe within 2 seasons does say something about what he's done for the team. People bash him all the time but this Benfica team runs at a higher level then most of the past coaches we've had in the past 10years. I'm hopeful this year we'll not only make it to the group stage but get to be part of some knockout games.
:benficaflag
Mdot

Postby MichaelSLB » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Good coach. Brought us European games back and a liga title.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a few days... Saw that JJ made comments about "not stooping to Victor Perriera's level". What exactly is he referring to? Did I miss something in the war of words? Please fill me in if anyone knows-Thx!
matt34nj
First Team

Postby MichaelSLB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:28 pm

I think what JJ meant by that comment is that he doesn't want to be as low minded as Vitor Perreira. Vitor Perreira as a new coach has a real big mouth this early in the season.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby CowCoentrao » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 pm

It was because Vitor Pereira called Jorge Jesus egocentric. Jesus responded by saying he wouldn't go to Vitor Pereira's level and insult him, and that he only wanted to show his opinion about the referee's penalty call.
CowCoentrao
Junior

Postby matt34nj » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:50 am

Thankee guys! I thought it might have something to do with that mess with SCP and the referees this past weekend...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes do him in Jesus, don't take no shit from this horse

Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm been wondering what the guy said to him. JJ may come across as arrogant at times but you can never doubt his passion for our club. I can't remember the last manager we had for 3 seasons. If we win the league, I would want him to stay.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:12 am

The ego seems to be in check this year, Yes... I wonder what was said. Anybody within earshot? lol
matt34nj
First Team

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 am

It's good to see that he sticks up for both the club and the players.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby 1904 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 am

"Vai p'ra c*na da tua mãe..." ahahha

Site Admin

Postby Forcaslb29 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm

JJ is the best (although he can piss me off too)...dont take shit from nobody!
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby SLB » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:42 pm

At the end of the day it is all about winning trophies.
JJ won the league in his first season.
Last year was disappointing
But this year we will all find out how good he is.
If he can our league back then how can anyone want him to go....
He has done well so far this season
SLB
Manager

Postby matt34nj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:23 pm

@ UltraSLB- Is there anyway I can use that video clip as my graphic? (I dont know the proper terminology...) I never got around to posting a pic or an icon, and this would be great. One of us had that Luisao video clip for a while, I would LOVE to use that JJ clip as my trademark...
matt34nj
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion