Yannick Djaló #12

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Yannick Djaló #12

Postby Miralem » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Yannick Djaló
Personal information
Full name Yannick dos Santos Djaló
Date of birth 5 May 1986 (age 25)
Place of birth Bissau, Guinea-Bissau
Height 1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Forward
Club information
Current club Benfica
Number 12

good signing i think, h could add something, plus he is of portuguese blood.
Miralem
First Team

Re: Yannick Djaló #12

Postby inMotionSLB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm

The best would be him scoring at Alvalade, but even better would be his performances are way better than they were at Sporting, that would get them under their noses hehehe
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 pm

We’ve got a good track record of having players from Sporting’s academy come over and perform better in a Benfica shirt. It seems they learn some good skills at their school but bring their heart to our team ala Martins or Simao. I’m hoping he’s no different. I’ve already heard stories about him being a Benfica fan when he was younger, there’s something to be said about guys playing for the club they followed during their childhood. I’m hoping that passion will come out on the field.
Mdot

Postby BenficaNYRB » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 am

Welcome to Benfica, Yannick! Best of luck and I hope you get your place on the EURO 2012 squad! Oh it wouldn't help to score at the Alvalade either :benficaflag :slbscarf :benficascarf :ptflag :ptscarf :up
BenficaNYRB
Junior

Postby Mdot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 pm

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=740163
EX-LION BEGAN TO POUR DOWN THE STADIUM
Yannick is still in a state of grace in the universe Benfica. The warmth touches deep into the soul of the ex-lion, which began yesterday to thank the supporters of the incarnate ... with goals. And just two! Obtained in minitreino set in the stands and celebrated as if they had been achieved in a competitive game! Just missed it the "speaker" advertise them through the public address system of the Stadium of Light

The fascination among supporters of the eagles and 12 sweater is unmistakable. Just pay attention to what happened in yesterday's workout, which lasted roughly 80 minutes and dragged about two thousand people at the amphitheater of the national runner-up. The exercise of finalizing that Jorge Jesus submitted the squad serves to illustrate the phenomenon. Where Yannick rehearsing a shot, echoing cries of encouragement. "'Bora there Djaló!" Could be heard, while the attacker ran toward the ball. If this was the goal, you could hear a "bruá" between relief and if they score, this was celebrated as if they were points at stake. Palmas, many palms, which will probably even a bit unfocused Yannick.

It's amazing to see the type of support this guy is getting, players, club, and fans all trying to help him get back in form. I can't recall this much support for a new player in ages. I've read a few other articles were Yannick himself is extremely grateful to be here and quotes from other players that he's coming across as humble.

I always get worried that people are getting too excited but at the same time after the spell he had at Sporting, this guy needed some love to hopefully get him back on track. I can't help but also fall a bit into the hype and I'm looking forward to the next time he's on the field.
Mdot

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 am

My thinking is this:

The fans want to show them that we are the better side of lisbon and are willing to back him 100% I think his last game he played for sporting he was booed off the field and was a early substitution. But now that he is with us we are caring for him and trying to build him back up. Maybe get some extra motivation to play his ass off and score one against sporting!

Let him work hard. For now bring him on for spot duty in place of Nico. Then maybe next season he can earn a spot in the first team either as a winger or second striker next to Cardozo.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 am

I was shocked with JJ put him in today for the Chelsea match but I felt he did impress today and showed great promise if he gets more playing time. I look forward to seeing him getting more mins.

Curious to hear what you guys thought about him today?
Mdot

Postby MichaelSLB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

I thought he was good today... Great determination to get the ball and he brought speed to the wings which i really enjoyed. Its a pity he didn't score with those few opportunities.

It would be interesting seeing him start against Sporting.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby SLB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah he played well and had chances to score.
Would leave him on the bench for Sporting to come off later to have an impact
SLB
Manager

Postby matt34nj » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Surely he wont start, but surely he should play. JJ will wanna rub it in Godinho's face, thats for sure. Plus he looked ok to me in the Chelsea game. He placed a couple of really nice crosses into the box from the right hand side, thats for sure. I noticed that him and Cap both made some nice ones. And Djallo brings speed! imagine him and Melgarejo out wide on the wings together-that's some scary shit, my dude. I can't wait for Monday. This team HAS to redeem itself.
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Mdot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 pm

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=387293
«Todos sonham jogar no Benfica e eu não fujo à regra» - Yannick
Por Redação

Emprestado pelo Benfica ao Toulouse, o avançado Yannick Djaló conhece bem o adversário dos encarnados nos oitavos de final a Liga Europa, o Bordéus.

«O Benfica tem valor mais do suficiente para passar esta eliminatória», garante, referindo que a qualidade ofensiva da equipa orientada por Jorge Jesus é garantia de golos em casa e fora: «Será sempre importante vencer por mais do que um golo em casa. Mas, mesmo que não vença por mais de um golo em casa, o Benfica irá sempre por marcar fora porque é equipa com muito valor ofensivo.»

Sobre o futuro, Yannick confessa que alimenta ainda a esperança de vingar de águia ao peito: «Esta época era importante sair de Portugal e jogar mais. Veremos o que acontece na próxima temporada. Tenho contrato com o Benfica, é um grande clube onde todos sonham jogar e eu não fujo à regra.»

In short, he’s played against Bordeaux this season and feels very confident that we will knock them out of the EL. Goes on to say how every player in Portugal dreams of playing for a club like Benfica and is hopeful he can return and play for us one day.

I haven’t followed him at all this season, rarely watch League 1 nowadays. Does anyone have an update on the guy? Last year he came on for free and barely played but he did show that raw talent that had him hyped up at Sporting all those years. I took a peak on wiki and it seems he’s only played a few matches which is never a good sign in my book.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 pm

He's poor and will always be poor. Just a fast player, with nothing else to offer. If defended properly, he gets pushed off the ball much too easily. I never liked him.

Toulouse sits 12th in the table.
Djalo has one goal and zero assists in all competitions (19 games).
In those 19 games, he's played, he's averaging 52 minutes.

If we are somehow making money off his loan, fantastic.
Maybe we can get something for him. His market value has been dropping and currently sitting around 2.5 million euros.
Just look at how badly Sporting has been. When they had him, his value hovered above 5 million euros, yet they managed to let him go on a free. The year before he left, Djalo was actually wanted, yet they hung onto him so he can slip from their fingers.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 pm

When it comes to the transfer market Sporting are no better then bottom table teams, they have no clue how to work transfers.

To me speed is more of a natural gift and there isn't too much you can do to improve on it. If he could somehow improve on his ball handling and passing he would be a great player but 1 goal and no assists in 19 games is crap for a winger. If he isn't improving, I'll gladly take $2.5million for a player we got for free.
Mdot

Return to Latest News and General Discussion