Winter Transfer Thread 2012

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Winter Transfer Thread 2012

Postby matt34nj » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:16 pm

I just read a report on Bettor.com saying we are still interested in singing Cristian Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan. He is extremely unhappy and has refused to sign a new contract. RK paid 3.8 mil euros for him, so if we could get him for 8-10 IMO would be a good deal. Emerson has grown on me but Ansaldi is much more athletic and versatile, and is a tall player as well. Kinda skinny, but tall always helps. If we can get some $$ from selling Capdevilla and maybe Saviola in January, maybe we could get him... Bettor.com stories usually dont have shred of truth to them, but wouldnt it be nice...
matt34nj
First Team

Re: Benfica Press Headlines

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 pm

I have also heard of that rumour on various sites. I would love him on our team, to be honest I don't like Emerson.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Re: Winter Transfer Thread 2012

Postby Benfiquista » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:16 pm

IMO We don't need Ansaldi. We have a Euro and World Cup champion left-back, but for some reason his not "JJ" starting left-back. As for Emerson, his been alright for us, but I'm still not 100% convinced in him. Anyways can't believe we are in mid October and already theres transfer speculation lol. Ansaldi isn't the only one, check this article out that I read about a week ago...

Honestly wouldn't mind it. Imagine him and Nelson Oliveira leading the line for Benfica and Portugal in the future.
Benfiquista

Postby Benfiquista » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:43 pm

The latest rumor...
I don't want us getting this 30-year-old for €4.5Mill
Benfiquista

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 am

I would barf on my keyboard if we signed Maxwell :P . Why not give a youngster a chance? Also would loooooooove to have Joao Silva. But would mean nothing if he rots on the bench.

I'm still holding out hope that we snag Danny away from Zenit lol
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Possibly another Barca player, hmmmm. But I would prefer Ansaldi by far.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:00 pm

I too, heard the Joao Silva rumors. Cant believe he is not getting a shot, as bad as Everton is. Our old buddy Royston Drenthe is there too. They are a pitiful bunch-proud but pitiful... Its a shame Everton are so bad with all the history the club has...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Aguia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:23 pm

I like Joao SIlva, but we have so many forwards already, and Nelson Oliveira has only had one game. I'm not against it, but we would need some other forwards to leave. Plus, is he Benfica quality? I think he has to step up another gear or five for that. I didn't see it story anywhere on portuguese news, makes me think it's just skysports freely speculating.

I would love to have Ansaldi, but i bet he ends up in Juve or a team like that.

Dede is available in January isn't he?

Capdevila should go, he isn't going to play, so get him off the books and look for another option. I have a feeling Eduardo will go if Portugal qualify for the Euro's. He won't want to sit on the bench for us and sacrifice his place in the Seleccao. Artur won't be displaced.
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby matt34nj » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:39 pm

good point on eduardo.... Did Mika get loaned out? I would want a proven back up if Eduardo goes... Dont know anything about Dede...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Forcaslb29 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:53 am

Back after a little holiday....Ansaldi would be mint...that would be a quality back line from left to right!
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby Mdot » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

I just realized that Rubin played in the CL playoff rounds. At what stage are players banned from playing in the CL for a different team. I know for David Luiz when he went to Chelsea in the winter he couldn't play CL matches because he played in the group stage with us.

The reason I say this is that Ansaldi seems like a great player but if he's not able to play in the CL for us it won't fix our lack of depth for the LB position in that tournament.
Mdot

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Slowly going back to summer days where we would be linked to a player every single day lol. Here is the latest...
Good news because I don't even want him.
Well if his anything like the last player we got from Barcelona then please bring him in, but you have to keep in mind that his been injured all season and his a 26-year-old forward. Do we really need this guy when we have two young, promising forwards in N.Oliveira and Rodrigo?
Don't know too much about him, but found out his a winger. I think we are covered in that position.
Kid may be talented, but no thanks. We got N.Oliveira and Rodrigo up and coming.
Benfiquista

Postby MichaelSLB » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

A lot of players being linked to the club. Just wondering how true these rumours are and if they will eventually go through. At the moment the only player we need to get is a LB, all the other positions are pretty much covered well.
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 pm

I didn't know where to put this, but figured it would be best to post here...
SambaFoot wrote:
Benfica Look to Cash-In on Brazilian Loanees
Portuguese newspaper 'O Jogo' reports that Benfica are looking to cash-in a sum of approximately €27 million for their five Brazilian players currently loaned back to clubs in the Brasileirão.

The paper reports that President Luis Filipe Vieira beleives that Eder Luis and Fellipe Bastos (Vasco), Airton (Flamengo), Felipe Menezes (Botafogo) and Alan Kardec (Santos) are no longer in the future plans of Benfica. Thus, the Portuguese club now hopes to cash in on the successes of the five players this season and build up funds for their own transfer budget.

Eder Luis is listed as the most valuable player at around €8 million, Alan Kardec was estimated at €6 million, Airton and Felipe Menezes are listed at €5 million and Fellipe Bastos, €4 million.

First off Benfica must be on crack if they think they will receive €27Mill for all five players. I mean we bought Eder Luis for €2Mill, Kardec for €2.5Mill, Airton for €1.1Mill, and I think Menezes and Bastos were free transfers. Anyways I hope we just sell Eder Luis and Menezes because I feel Kardec, Airton, and Bastos still have a future with Benfica.
Benfiquista

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 pm

As long as we recoup what we bought (and some small profit) then its good enough!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion