Winter Transfer Thread 2012

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Winter Transfer Thread 2012

Postby Mdot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 am

WPG Chop 11 wrote:i wanna keep Eduardo :(

In a way I do but in another way I know he won't get much playing time and he deserves more. I think Artur has established himself as our number 1 for this and next season. I wouldn't mind if we just let Eduardo go after his loan and we can just give those extra cup matches to Mika.
Mdot

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 pm

PeaceFMOnline wrote:
Benfica Interested in Schalke-Owned Carlos Zambrano
Benfica are weighing up the merits of a move for Schalke defender Carlos Zambrano, Bild reports. The Estadio da Luz outfit are believed to be scouring the market for a new stopper as they lack numbers in the centre of defence, where Luisao and Ezequiel Garay are the only experienced personnel.

The Peru international, 22, joined Schalke's youth ranks in 2006, one year before being promoted to the Bundesliga side's first team. However, he quickly lost his place at the club, being shipped out on loan in 2010 to 2. Bundesliga side St. Pauli, where he is still playing.

It is reported that Inter and Sevilla are also interested in Zambrano, who will reportedly only be allowed to leave the club at the end of this season's campaign.

No thanks we have enough cover in Jardel, M.Vitor, and Roderick.
Benfiquista

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Ok so I got a question. Let's say we buy Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan in January. Would he be eligible to play for us in the CL? I don't think the same rules apply when he has only been in the EL this season.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:07 pm

I think he can play, and if we do get him, he should give us very good inside info on Zenit!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:24 pm

LOL! Miklos-Russia said not to long ago that this guy has dropped in form and Rubin are asking for over €10Mill? Thankfully we are looking else where. Now we are being linked to some Mexican named Jorge Torres Nilo.

BTW Have we really signed this Brazilian goalkeeper, Rafael Copetti? Surely Eduardo is on his way out if in fact we signed him.
Benfiquista

Postby Mdot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

The only thing I wanted to see this transfer window was an experienced LB. That Mexican kid sounds interesting but he seems like a longer term prospect.
Mdot

Postby 1904 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 pm

I want Salvio and a Left-back.

Out can go Peixoto (for good now), Capdevila, etc
Site Admin

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 pm

I put this up at pfutbol

“Djaniny confirmed at Benfica” is the headline with which the Portuguese daily sports newspaper announced the contracting of the Cape Verdean athlete, adding that Benfica “has the deal under control, thus assuring the acquisition of the young forward.”

The 20-year-old player’s pass is divided equally between União de Leiria and a group of businessmen. Indeed, it was the part owned by the group led by João Bartolomeu that is about to be acquired by Benfica, in a low-cost operation that is not expected to be more than 200,000 Euros.

Djaniny is expected, however, to remain at Leiria until the end of the current season, after which he will head to Benfica, where he will fulfill a childhood dream.
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Soriano hired
http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=735314
Jonathan Soriano has not run away to Benfica. In that Record found, the incarnate came to a full understanding of how the end-of-Spain launches a valid agreement for the next four seasons, but that will only be valid from July 1, when ending the contractual relationship of the player with Barcelona. In fact, both parties agreed not to confirm the deal to date, a strategy completely identical to that carried out the acquisition of Nolita last season.

As our newspaper said last summer, the name of top-class striker for Barcelona B had long been on the agenda of the incarnate of reinforcements. The Eagles tried to acquire still in closed but, given the requirements of the emblem and the Catalan injury sustained by the player in pre-season, opted to let the contract expire. However, contacts between the SAD and the eagles of the Spanish player never died away and Benfica have ended even by an ally of luxury in the whole process: Nolito.

Not really a winter transfer but it seems like we are getting a similar deal in place like we did last season with Nolito. I love this whole idea of raiding Barca's bench/youth team for free transfers. I heard that when Nolito and Soriano where both playing together, they had a crazy goal average.
Mdot

Postby matt34nj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Nolito, Soriano, Rodgrigo, Nelson O, Bruno C, and Salvio next. Our attacking options for the future are set...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:57 am

any updates with the window closing? is Cap leaving? Amorim? anyone coming in? And how about with other teams, like Porto. Is Guarin leaving for Italy? How about that asshole Sapunaru? Anyone have a comment?
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Mdot » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:27 pm

It's been by far the quietest transfer window I've seen in years. I think the pressure of the financial fair play is keeping clubs from wanting to pay too much for talent. There's a couple of funny rumors in the papers saying that Liedson could come back to Portugal but to Porto. The other rumor is that Lucho could come back. To be honest I would love to see Porto pick up two highly paid dinosaurs with no resale value to help mess with their finances.

Sporting spent way more money then they had in the summer The only thing I expect from them some more sales of their higher rated youth.

As for Benfica nothing much has happened outside of a couple of youth players. Juvi backed away from signing Cap and it doesn't seem any other club wants an overpaid bench warmer. LFV was saying that he wants to keep Ruben, personally his playing chances were already limited, now it will be even harder for him to play. Another rumor is in Italian papers saying Yannick could come back to Portugal but to us. We don't really need him but at the same time I would give a chop a chance. Especially if it's one that's jumping from Sporting to us lol.

Outside of wanting to see Cap out and another LB option, I'm very happy with our depth and our chances of winning the title.
Mdot

Postby Mdot » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 pm

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=313134
Yannick considera-se jogador livre: porta aberta para o Benfica
Por Redação

O internacional português Yannick lamenta que o rescaldo da transferência do Sporting para o Nice tenha afastado alguns clubes interessados na sua contratação mas diz-se um jogador livre para assinar por quem bem entender.

«Tive várias possibilidades mas alguns clubes desistiram devido a esta situação. Agora, a situação está clara e tudo é possível», disse Yannick em conferência de imprensa, desmentindo as recentes notícias que teria já assinado contrato com o Benfica mas deixando em aberto todas possibilidades com que foi confrontado, inclusive o FC Porto.

«Não assinei nada com o Benfica e não sei se vou ou não para o Benfica. O futuro a Deus pertence e sempre estive preparado para tudo. Neste momento, há várias possibilidades em cima da mesa, três delas muito boas. Agora vou analisar e decidir», frisou.

Perante a insistência dos jornalistas, o avançado recusou-se a falar se a Luz seria um bom destino para prosseguir a carreira: «Prefiro não falar sobre isso. Amanhã haverá novidades.» No entanto, A BOLA sabe que o Benfica é um destino muito provável para o jogador de 25 anos.

Yannick falou em conferência de imprensa no sindicato de jogadores, onde Joaquim Evangelista esclareceu a situação do jogador, frisando que este é um jogador livre na posse da totalidade dos direitos económicos.

In short, Yannick is a free player and open to sign with anyone. The papers are saying he has signed with Benfica but the player said nothing is official and he’s still open to sign with anyone, at the same time he said by tomorrow we’ll know what club he’s officially signed with.

I don’t think we need him but if he’s a free transfer so I would be open to it. This guy showed amazing promise at Sporting but I don’t think he made the best decisions on and off the field. I can’t help but wonder if he was on our team with the right coaching and support players like Aimar, Bruno, Nolito, Nico, etc...

He could really shine with that backing but as it stands it’s a rumor which will be confirmed or rejected by the end of day tomorrow.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 pm

I want a left-back and a right-back... god forbid maxi (or emerson even though he can be useless at times) get injured because then we hardly have what you call ALTERNATIVES.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby CowCoentrao » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Andre Almeida and Luis Martins can play those positions. They're young and yes it could be risky if Maxi or Emerson get injured before a big match, but I would like to see these guys getting a chance.

Plus I don't think Benfica could actually fit more foreigners into UEFA registration if they did go get a RB or LB from another country. That was the reason Peixoto was registered in UEFA even though he was never called for a match.
CowCoentrao
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion