André Almeida #34

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

André Almeida #34

Postby Benfiquista » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 am

Name- André Gomes Magalhães de Almeida
Date Of Birth- 10 September 1990
Place Of Birth- Lisbon, Portugal
Height- 6'1
Playing Position- Right-Back

Wiki Link
ZeroZero Link

Andre Almeida Signed From Belenenses
Another young Portuguese player coming to SLB :slbscarf :ptscarf
Benfiquista

Re: André Almeida

Postby Mdot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:21 am

Now that's a home grown player for us. It will be interesting to see how many shots these kids get during the pre-season.
Mdot

Postby Specialboots » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 am

why is he listed as a defender? all the vids I've seen of him show him attacking
Specialboots
Junior

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Postby dannym2326 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 am

Andre Almeida has been loaned to Belenenses.
dannym2326
Substitute

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Postby BenfiquistaJon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:36 am

Good experience for him....and he gets to stay close to home!!!

We should 'blood' more of our youngsters (specifically aimed at our younger South American players) in Portugal so they become more adept and used to the European culture.

We still have a huge amount of players and I really would like to see us have a bit of a clear out and try and bring in extra revenue from off-loading what we dont need
BenfiquistaJon
Junior

Re: A.Almeida #34

Postby Benfiquista » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:45 pm

dannym2326 wrote:Andre Almeida has been loaned to Belenenses.

No his been loaned to Leiria...
A.Almeida Loaned to U.Leria
I don't think his ready to be part of our squad yet so hopefully this move helps him continue to grow as a player. Good luck Almeida!
Benfiquista

Postby CowCoentrao » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Last year he was in the 2nd tier, so playing for Leiria will be good experience for him. We can see how he does in the 1st division.
CowCoentrao
Junior

Re: André Almeida (Loaned to U.Leiria)

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Andre Almeida Returns to Benfica after UD Leiria Loan
Portugal U-21, Andre Almeida, has returned to Benfica after completing his loan at UD Leiria. The midfielder had been playing for Os Lis for the last few months but has now returned to Estadio da Luz and fight for his place in the competitive Reds’ line-up. Benfica manager, Jorge Jesus, has numerous options in midfield. The tactician has the luxury of choosing from the likes of Nicolas Gaitan, Pablo Aimar, Javi Garcia, Nolito and Axel Witsel for a place in the centre of the park and that number has only increased with the return of Andre Almeida.

The former Belenenses man had been plying his trade on loan at the Municipal da Marinha Grande and featured for the club nearly five times while scoring once. Despite his decent record, the player wasn’t given an extension in his temporary contract and made his way back to his employers. With quality players already being present at the Stadium of Light, the 21-year-old faces an arduous task of establishing himself as the helm. However he remains confident and said that he had grown immensely during his loan spell.

Speaking to reporters, the Selecao International said that although he will be playing in a similar position at Benfica, he has garnered more experience during his time at Leiria and will be looking to cement his place in Jorge Jesus’ plans. "The work will be the same as the one which I have been doing at Leiria. I come having played more games and grown in many ways.” He also added that he wanted to help the Eagles regain their former glory and lead them to silverware in Liga Sagres. “I come with the aim of helping Benfica to become champions. I had the opportunity to watch them, we are in good form. The team is stronger and more consistent than all the other opponents,” Andre Almeida was quoted as saying.

While he is returning to play for the Lisbon giants, Benfica already have some quality players in the midfield position and dislodging them in the pecking order will be quite a tough task. However Almeida remains confident and will be hoping to impress the boss with his performances whenever he is picked.

I would've kept him in Leiria for a full season. The guy was a starter. I can't see him getting much games now.
Benfiquista

Re: André Almeida #34

Postby Mdot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 am

I dunno, I would rather him back. With the Liga, CL, and Liga cup, we need to have an extra RB option outside of Maxi or putting Ruben there. That could give him some extra playing time.
Mdot

Postby Stay_Toasty » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:49 am

Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the most underrated players Benfica has? I have never figured out why he doesnt get more playing time. Well i have an idea but i think JJ should look past it. He has made a few mistakes that have cost us big(Kelvin goal in 2013), and he is not very skilled going forward(JJ loves his attacking full backs), but every time there is an injury this guy fills in at RB, LB, or CDM. With all our problems on the left in defense over the past few years, I dont see why we dont make him the guy at that position. He was pretty much forced over there last year when Siquiera and Silvio were injured but has looked to be the most consistent player we have there other than the previous two players listed above. He seems like the consummate professional and i think he should be rewarded with a more consistent place in our starting 11.
Stay_Toasty
Junior

Postby Mdot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 pm

I agree that he's a great utility player, personally I like him best at RB or CDM. I know he did ok as an LB filling in but I felt that was the weakest spot he had. However it just always feels that he'll just be a backup, doesn't seem to have the quality to be a top starting player but as Maxi is getting older, maybe he can step up.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:01 am

He had a couple of not so good games for Portugal, I think the big occasion got to him. He will only get better in my opinion.

Regarding Kelvin's goal... that was Roderick and not Almeida's fault?
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Return to Latest News and General Discussion