Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Postby Miralem » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Last edited by Miralem on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miralem
First Team

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Postby Aguia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Miralem wrote:the time has come for the summer i personally think all we have to do is clean out shop a bit!!!
bye bye DL

Who do you want "cleaned"?
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby Miralem » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 pm

the usual and we should re-evaluate everyone on loan and see if we can still use them we should really have only about 5 people on loan
Miralem
First Team

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

i say next year keep rodrigo, and urreta, then loan out nelson, david simao and maybe a couple others.....sell the rest (Shaffer, Bastos, Zoro etc....)
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby Aguia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 am

Canadian_Benfiquista wrote:i say next year keep rodrigo, and urreta, then loan out nelson, david simao and maybe a couple others.....sell the rest (Shaffer, Bastos, Zoro etc....)

I think all the names you mentioned have gone already, but i might be wrong.

This is the way i see it;

Roberto
J. Cesar
Moreira

Maxi
Wass??

Luisao
Jardel
Sidnei
Roderick +
?????
Vitor +
Fabio Faria +

Coentrao xx
Carole **
Peixoto x
?????

Javi Garcia
Airton
Matic ** (is this his definite position?)

Salvio ??/x
Urreta xx
?????

Aimar x
Martins
Nolito ??
Menezes
David Simao =/+

Gaitan
Fernandez

Cardozo
Saviola
Kardec
Jara
Nelson Oliveira =/+
Weldon xx
Rodrigo +
Mora **

?? - unconfirmed transfer
** - confirmed transfer
x - maybe leaving
xx - probably leaving
+ - loan
= - loan return
???? - possible/probable recruitment
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Sell/Release/Retiring: Yebda, Adu, Balboa, Jorge Ribeiro, Zoro, Ivan Santos, Weldon, Luis Filipe, C.Peixoto, Cardozo, Aimar, Nuno Gomes, and Mantorras.
Loan: Nelson Oliveira, David Simao, F.Menezes, Roderick, Oblak, Evandro Brandão, and André Carvalhas
Players to take a look at during pre-season before either loaning/selling/releasing: Fabio Faria, Shaffer, Romeu Riberio, F.Bastos, Eder Luis, Elvis, Ishmael Yartey, Miguel Rosa.

Buys: Right-Back (Provide cover for "Super Maxi"), two Wingers (Gaitan will move into the attacking midfield role and Salvio is probably going back to Atletico), and a Striker (If Cardozo leaves*)
Benfiquista

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Benfiquista wrote:Sell/Release/Retiring: Yebda, Adu, Balboa, Jorge Ribeiro, Zoro, Ivan Santos, Weldon, Luis Filipe, C.Peixoto, Cardozo, Aimar, Nuno Gomes, and Mantorras.
Loan: Nelson Oliveira, David Simao, F.Menezes, Roderick, Oblak, Evandro Brandão, and André Carvalhas
Players to take a look at during pre-season before either loaning/selling/releasing: Fabio Faria, Shaffer, Romeu Riberio, F.Bastos, Eder Luis, Elvis, Ishmael Yartey, Miguel Rosa.

Buys: Right-Back (Provide cover for "Super Maxi"), two Wingers (Gaitan will move into the attacking midfield role and Salvio is probably going back to Atletico), and a Striker (If Cardozo leaves*)

stole the words right off my keyboard bro lol, dunno if id sell Aimar yet, Cardozo is interesting because as much as id like us to sell him, i think we need to get a potent replacement first before we decide to sell him cause hes too deadly, but if the offer is good bye bye. I hope nuno gomes comes to MLS and Toronto FC cause hes my hero, we need scoring and he still can, i bet he could be mls leading scorer looool :lol2 i say we need only one winger because rodrigo could play on the right, and if we keep urreta he could play either. but i like the list!
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby Aguia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 pm

It's possible that a team may still want to pay a sizeable sum to recruit Aimar so i suppose if it's good business for the club and we have reinforcements at hand, maybe it's a good idea. But i would be sad to see him go, o magico!!
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Mdot wrote:All we have to do is look at the likes of Saviola & García to see that there are players at these top clubs that have amazing potential but are not given a real shot. I think the fact that we brought those two guys from big a La Liga side and they are now enjoy playing again helps encourage players like Nolita that are debating a switch.

At the end of the day these guys want to play the game and it must kill them to be bench players. Benfica seems like the right fit since he will still be fighting for domestic titles and will play on a competitive European team.

couldnt agree more....just thinkin if he is as potent a striker as villa haha him and Cargolo will be deadly together
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Does this mean we aren't going to sign Salvio? Anyways it would be nice to sign this youngster especially for only $2Mill, but like the article says Real Betis are going to want more for this talented young player. Also if we do end up signing him then he should automatically take our spot kicks. I mean just look at what he did in the U-19 Championship this past summer...
Benfiquista

Postby Benfiquista » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm

The Nation Newspaper wrote:
Benfica Offers Taiwo N57m Monthly

Following Nigeria’s defender Taye Taiwo’s AC Milan rumoured interest in Seria A giant information has emerged that the Nigerian international may have signed a pre-contract with the Portuguese champions Benfica, with monthly wages of 260,000 euros (57 million).

The Lisbon based Benfica have made Taiwo the top transfer target in the summer market because they are likely to lose their regular left back Fabio Coentrao, who is being chased by Chelsea. 
Meanwhile, Taiwo's agent Michael Coker has revealed that the future of the defender will be sorted out next week. 

''There are many clubs that have indicated interest in signing him. Benfica has a good chance, but they are not the only one,'' Coker said. Taiwo who will be out of contract with the French champions in the summer is being courted by some of Europe's finest which include Liverpool, Manchester City, AC Milan, Juventus and Benfica.

Taiwo would be a good replacement for F.Coentrao. Also he will cost us nothing which is great, but way too much bigger teams interested in him. We'll see what happens
Benfiquista

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:54 pm

we're slowly growing back our reputation of being a top quality side, so i think we lock him up, and nolito might choose us over barca! that would be huge
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 am

Loads of transfer news today...
Goal wrote:
David Suazo Wants to Leave Inter in the Summer to Join Benfica
Striker, whose contract runs out at the end of the season, does not intend to extend deal with Serie A side, and is keen to return to Portugal
Inter striker David Suazo has revealed he intends not to sign a contract extension with the club.

The Honduras international's contract with the Italian giants is set to expire at the end of the season, but he has no intention of staying and has his heart set on a move to Benfica. The 31-year-old says he wants to return to the Eagles as he had fond memories of time in Portugal.

"I will not be renewing my contact with Inter," the striker told Honduran newspaper El Heraldo. "I don't even think Inter will contact me over it [renewing the contract]. I intend to return to Benfica where I was welcomed with open arms. I am indebted to them."

I like Suazo, but no thanks. The only over 30 age player I want on the squad is Nuno Golos.

Aimar is definitely on his way out this summer and hopefully this guy can be our next "Maestro." I thought Gaitan would take over Aimar's role, but it looks like we are going to keep him out on that wing.

Cardozo's replacement?
Benfiquista

Postby Miralem » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:28 pm

we dont need a cardozo replacement or an aimar replacement
Miralem
First Team

Postby Miralem » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:17 pm

i would rather go with danny then with bruno cesar
Miralem
First Team