Nemanja Matić #21

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Nemanja Matić #21

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 am

Name- Nemanja Matić
Date Of Birth- 1 August 1988
Place Of Birth- Šabac, SFR Yugoslavia
Height- 6'4
Playing Position- Centre/Defensive Midfielder

Wiki Link
ZeroZero Link

Hey Chelsea fans who flooded the David Luiz thread with posts please flood this one telling us Benfiquistas about this player, Matic :) I have a feeling he won't last long in Benfica, but I hope I'm wrong.
Benfiquista

Re: Nemanja Matić

Postby Mdot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:36 pm

He does sound promising but I can see him having problems cracking our midfield. I hope he can do well and do something great for us.
Mdot

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

sorry could care less, with the potential signing of salvio, we have him, gaitan, rodrigo, fernandez, martins, aimar, javi, airton, ruben and maybe urreta for next year.......dont see hows hes finding a spot on our team..... this was clearly a bitch move on chelseas part to lower the price! Di Maria deal is wayyy better than this one in my books!
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

We already have a song for him, we can use manchester united's - Nemanja, woah!... http://fanchants.com/football-songs/man ... dic-chant/
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 am

Well if he doesn't crack the starting 11 or even makes it as a bench player in the future then maybe we can offload him for 6 mil? lol
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/02/02/2334648/chelsea-midfielder-nemanja-matic-eagerly-anticipating
Goal.com
Chelsea Midfielder Nemanja Matic Eagerly Anticipating Benfica Move
Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic, currently under contract with Chelsea, is loking forward to playing for Benfica.
By Stefan Coerts
Feb 2, 2011 2:39:00 PM

Serbia international Nemanja Matic is eagerly anticipating his move to reigning Portuguese champions Benfica at the end of the season.

The left footed midfielder, currently on loan at Eredivisie side Vitesse, will leave Chelsea for the Lisbon side in the summer of 2011 as part of the deal that saw defender David Luiz leaving Benfica for Chelsea in the winter transfer window.

"I'm very happy with the final result of the negotiations. This transfer means a new challenge for me and I'm really looking forward to it," the 22-year-old Matic was quoted as saying by Record.

"I will get the chance to play at top level week after week at Benfica and will be part of a great team. I want to win silverware at my new club. I don't want to ruin this chance at a big club and will do my utmost to succeed."

Matic will continue to play on loan at Vitesse until the end of the season before moving to Portugal. He has so far made 18 league appearances for the Dutch side, scoring once in the progress.

He is saying the right things. One obstacle this kid will face is the fact that he will remind people of losing David. I've read up on him a bit and he does have an impressive background. I like having players on the team that play for their national team. It helps increase the value of the player and the profile of our club.

I wish him well and hope he gets off to a great start with us in the summer. I just have no clue where he will fit in. At first I heard he was a CDM, then CM, and then LM. In the mid-filed he'll have some options but there is little chance he'll take Javi's spot. Maybe he could work as a LB if Fabio goes away and that French kid still seems too young.
Mdot

Postby Darko87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey, I'm from Serbia, and I'm great SLB fan! So I can tell you something more about Matic: He has really great potential, maybe even bigger potential than Nico Gaitan, anyway, Salvio is on the right wing, and Nico on left, with Nemanja on rotation on first season, and next he's breaking in first 11 in SLB and Serbia NT, he will be trully great signing... wait and see... ;)
Carrega SLB!
Carrega SL Benfica!! Напред Бенфика!!
Darko87
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks for that info Darko! You will be very important on keeping us updated on Matic and news that come out from Serbia on him :)

Força Matic! When you're one of us, you're one of us! (Unless the player does a 'cristian rodriguez'...)
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

That's great info Darko. All of the stuff I heard was that this guy was more mid/defensive but if he can play as a winger, that perfect and it will also give him more opportunities to get on the field.
Mdot

Postby SLB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Lets see what he can do....but would have liked him to come into the squad now rather than him playing in the Dutch League until the end of the season
SLB
Manager

Postby Darko87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am

Trust me, he's young, and playing in Dutch league can only be good for SLB, becouse when he comes he will be prepared for new challenge at Lisbon.
And yes, he's a little more defensive, but leftfooted with really good tehnique, something like Ramires(central mid, but played a lot on right wing, only difference is Nemanja plays on the left).
I'm really happy to finally have one of Serbian players in SLB, first time after Ljubinko Drulovic. :) And I'm really glad this deal went through...
Darko87
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am

Sounds like he will really be useful! And some Chelsea fans were asking if there was a buy-back clause too, so some definitely think he is a good prospect.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Darko87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:24 am

Still unproven but great potential... and SLB is great team for players to advance with their skills... so, SLB+Matic=good Nemanja Matic in future. ;)
Darko87
Junior

Postby Aguia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:32 am

inMotionSLB wrote:We already have a song for him, we can use manchester united's - Nemanja, woah!... http://fanchants.com/football-songs/man ... dic-chant/

We need to get some Benfica chants on there! :shock1
Aguia
Site Admin

Postby 1904 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 am

Aguia wrote:
inMotionSLB wrote:We already have a song for him, we can use manchester united's - Nemanja, woah!... http://fanchants.com/football-songs/man ... dic-chant/

We need to get some Benfica chants on there! :shock1

Emailed them a couple of weeks ago, should have a Benfica section up now.
Site Admin

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion