Nemanja Matić #21

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Nemanja Matić #21

Postby Ed Gomes » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Mdot, You bring up a good point. How much will holding the CL Final in our building, mean in terms of squad make up?
Hopefully we will be able to make a great run, no matter what. This season was pathetic.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Matic is not leaving for less than €50m as confirmed by the almighty president. So safe to say he is staying as no one has that kind of money for a defensive midfielder.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Ed Gomes » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 am

InMotion I hope you are right. Matic is gone.
The new signing is a like for like signing.
Matic will be a very tough loss.

A lot of talk, joking and criticism of all the Serbian transfers. What people are forgetting is that most are coming from leagues throughout Europe, and not Serbia.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Forcaslb29 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 pm

ill bet that Matic stays too...Fesja will be a nice sub to have
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby matt34nj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:54 pm

if we can use Fejsa to rotate with Enzo and play alongside Matic, in place of Amorim, then its a good signing. I do worry about the impact on Andre Gomes' development, though. If Matic goes, we will have serious problems.

Ill say this again. No matter if we are talking 35, 40, or 50 mil, there were only ever a few serious suitors for Matic. Madrid spent their midfield money elsewhere (Isco, Illarmendi-sorry about spelling). Man City opted for Fernandinho and used the rest of their funds to revamp their attack with Navas, etc. That basically leaves Chelsea or possibly Arsenal or Man U. And I cant see Arsenal or United spending that kind of $$, period. Especially with Fellaini available for less. I also cant see Chelsea paying that kind of $$ for a player they basically gave us as an afterthought a couple of years back. So, I really think he stays.

Garay or Salvio, however, could be last minute panic buys for some desperate GM...
matt34nj
First Team

Postby Mdot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm

To me Gomes shouldn't be playing in Matic's role. He's an attacking mid, not a defensive mid. I hated seeing JJ bring him on in that role as he wasn't at his finest. It's good to get more depth in the DM role because we are thin outside of Almeida and to me Amorim had a good pre-season but I get worried about him. Also as a worst case if someone hits the 50million buyout that LFV supposedly stated we are sticking to, we need to have options. I highly doubt someone at this point of the transfer market will pay 50million outside of some crazy Russian club.
Mdot

Previous

Return to Latest News and General Discussion