Eduardo Salvio #18

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Re: Eduardo Salvio #8

Postby matt34nj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Please come back!!
matt34nj
First Team

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2012/01/06/2832683/benfica-line-up-atletico-madrids-eduardo-salvio-as

Looks like there is major momentum for Toto to head back to us this month! wooooooooooooooooo! :pray
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Has any one heard of new and better rumours of Toto joining Benfica? I'm anxious to hear on the news or paper that he'll be joining out team again!! Hopefully we can get him this January. :pray
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

@MichaelSLB

Nothing new yet but it's but to Atlético's manager. One thing I can say for sure is that he wants to come back. He follows planetbenfica on twitter and has said a few words...

:pray
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby inMotionSLB » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 am

Apparently Salvio rumours are back and sources are saying he will be presented on Monday....... make that of what you will.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=344482
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 am

All we have to do is wait an extra day to see if this is bs or real. Again, if it's true, what the hell will we do with all these wingers lol.
Mdot

Postby SJ_Benfiquista » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 am

Mdot wrote:All we have to do is wait an extra day to see if this is bs or real. Again, if it's true, what the hell will we do with all these wingers lol.

Couldnt have said it any better myself. lol

Looks like JJ just wants to outscore the opposition and forget about defense haha
SJ_Benfiquista
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm

It seems something is in the works as all the papers are saying A.Madrid are in some financial trouble and need to sell some assets but are trying to keep Falco. Talks are 8 to 10 million which is kinda funny since that was what we were originally talking about a couple of years ago when he was with us. Madrid wanted to hold out for more but it looks like we may get our price.
Mdot

Postby Ed Gomes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm not as high as others on Salvio. He showed pace, stayed wide and crossed the ball well, but he was slowed down considerably as the season wore on. Stuck in mind is him continually letting a pass from Maxi go through his legs, spinning and out running defender to ball. That wasn't working much late on in the season. Let me remind everyone that he's also coming off a bad injury. If you told me we could nab him for 3 to 4 mil, ok.

If he's truly acclimated himself, Enzo could still come through for us.
People tend to forget how hard it is for a person to adjust to a new country never mind club. Atmosphere, food, training, competition, tactics. It all piles on and could be very taxing.
Ed Gomes
Substitute

Postby Mdot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 am

Used the google translator for everyone else but in short it seems an agreement has been reached. Salvio has been dropped from Athletico's pre-season squad and has a flight to Lisbon tomorrow. Even wiki already has him as a current player.

There is already agreement by Salvio
"AS" REVEALS THAT TRAVEL PLAYER TUESDAY TO LISBON
http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=770487
The extreme Argentine Eduardo Salvio now plays for Benfica. The information is advanced by the Spanish daily "As", which shows full agreement between eagles and Atletico Madrid. The same journal ensures that Toto has traveled to Lisbon on Tuesday, in order to carry out medical examinations, and then sign a contract.

According to "The", Agustín Jiménez, manager of the player, will have closed the final details of a contract with reds, thus giving the green light for official business.

Remember that the end was left out of Argentina squad for the tour of the athletic Colombia as an indicator that the transfer was close to complete.

This it is a return desired by both parties, since the end was happy to Lisbon, as well as within the left missed the mass of the incarnate adept, where aligned during a season on loan in 2010/11.

Overall his first season was good with us and I felt he was better then Nico at the time (Salvio played less games and scored more goals then Nico). Now as several of us have said, this means another winger meaning some players have to go. It would be great if someone showed up and actually paid a good price for Nico but I can't see that happening at this point in time.
Mdot

Postby saviola » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:39 am

i dont care who if someone has to go or not, salvio will be the player we were missing since di maria left.the guy is so explosive,tricky,and so deadly in front of the goal. im so happy right now,because i know he will bring us joy!

welcome back toto, i have missed you every day since you were gone!
saviola
Substitute

Postby slbquista » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... Ew&cad=rja

Atletico fan side saying he will cost €11mil for 80% ( we already have 20%) and will be on a five year contract worth €1.2mil per year.
It also says he will be coming to Lisbon for a medical. :)

I have to say I am pleased with this signing. Yes of course we have to say good bye to another winger either permenantly or on loan, but just think - gaitan/nolito and salvio! :D
slbquista
Substitute

Postby helderslb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm

We already have so many wingers, and unless we sell gaitan this is a waste of money, that should have been spent on a decent LB
helderslb
First Team

Postby Mdot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Portuguese papers are all talking as if it’s a done deal and he’s already in Portugal with quotes saying he’s happy to be finally back. I remember quotes last year from his saying he wanted to come back and its great to get a player of his potential that has such as desire to be at our club.

Look at our potential line-ups.
Cardozo/Rodrigo
Nolito/Bruno – Aimar/Martins – Salvio/Nico
Javi – Witsel
Luisinho/Melgarejo – Luisão – Garay – Maxi
Artur

That doesn’t include Yannick, Ola John, Enzo, Mora, Kardec, Matic, Vitor, and Saviola.

The only area that’s a little off is our LB’s but if these new guys pan out, our squad has just had a massive improvement to last season’s team that was just a hair away from the league title and the semi’s of the CL.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:31 pm

We need players like Salvio at the club, he breathes Benfica. When he left last year back to Atlético he was desperate to come back, he said so himself.

If someone else in the wings has to make way for him than so be it.

Welcome HOME SALVIO!!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News and General Discussion