Eduardo Salvio #18

Benfica news, transfer gossip, general discussion and all competitions the club is involved in

Eduardo Salvio #18

Postby Benfiquista » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Name- Eduardo Antonio Salvio
Date Of Birth- 13 July 1990
Place Of Birth- Avellaneda, Argentina
Height- 173 cm
Playing Position- Forward/Midfielder

Wiki Link
ZeroZero Link

Don't know too much about him, but I just found out that he was a pretty good player for his old club, Lanus and during his time there the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Atletico, and Fiorentina were chasing his signature...He ended up signing with Atletico for 10Mill in January
Benfiquista

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2010

Postby 1904 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Hot off the press (Canal SIC)

Benfica contrata extremo esquerdo argentino do Atlético de Madrid

O Benfica contratou o extremo esquerdo argentino Eduardo Salvío. O jogador era suplente de Simão Sabrosa no Atlético e passou a terceira opção com a contratação de Merida. Salvio vem por empréstimo até ao final da época na luz.

O atleta foi escolhido por Jorge Jesus para colmatar a falha no plantel provocada pela saída de Di Maria para o Real Madrid. Tem 20 anos e já fez parte da selecção internacional sub-17 e sub-20.

A SIC apurou que para além de Salvio, a direcção do Benfica pretende contratar pelo menos mais um jogador até ao final do mês, altura em que encerra o mercado de transferências.
Site Admin

Postby Canadian_Benfiquista » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 pm

i still dont get why we keep signing guys but we havent sold any of the crap loaned players from last few years............LOL WTF ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?!?!?! WHY KEEP THEM AROUND HAHA, this boggles my mind. Salvio is a good youngster, ive seen him play quite a number of times and this is a good pick-up, i personally feel that this is so Simao can play one more year with atletico before his free transfer and he will join us next year while Salvio goes back into the main plans at Atletico.
Sócio Иº 199482
Canadian_Benfiquista
First Team

Postby saviola » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Porto want to takeover Salvio deal

http://dn.sapo.pt/desporto/benfica/inte ... id=1643868

ridiculous,thats why everybody hates those fucking portistas.i mean its not that i want that player at any cost,but you know...i have no words for those *****

there must be a leak in the SLB...or why does porto always take away the players we want to sign in the very last minute with a better offer? i really dont get it :geez
Last edited by saviola on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
saviola
Substitute

Eduardo Salvio

Postby 1904 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

Confirmed by Atlético Madrid, the Argentine will spend the upcoming season on loan with Benfica. :benficascarf Força Salvio.
Site Admin

Re: Eduardo Salvio

Postby Miralem » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 pm

next up Traore and some brazilian
Miralem
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Peace FM Online wrote:
Salvio Joins Benfica On Loan
Benfica have announced that Atletico Madrid striker Eduardo ‘Toto’ Salvio has moved to the Portuguese champions on a season-long long deal. Earlier today reports suggested that the Eagles were yet to make an approach for the young Argentine, who moved to the Vicente Calderon from Lanus in January but failed to make an impact in La Liga.

However, Goal.com Spain comments that the deal has now been completed, and the 20-year old will be playing in the red of Benfica next season. A number of Primera Division clubs had expressed an interest in taking Salvio on loan, allowing the player to stay in Spain, with the likes of Mallorca, Espanyol, Real Zaragoza and Deportivo all circling.

Benfica’s rivals Porto also made an 11th hour bid to hijack the deal, but the switch has now been completed and Salvio is now officially a Benfica player for the upcoming campaign. ‘Toto’ made 21 appearances for Los Colchoneros but the majority of his appearances were made from the substitutes bench, and he could only manage two goals, both of which came in a 3-1 victory over Tenerife in April.

VA SE FODER FC MERDA...Every single fucking season they always try to steal a player away from us...I really hope this kid ends up scoring a goal against those corrupted basterds this season
Benfiquista

Postby Mdot » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Sounds like an interesting pick up :ok . Any word if we have the option to buy the kid after the one year, if not I really think it's useless since we may as well train our own players. I love the fact that Porto tried so hard to get him from us :lol2 . I second the idea of him scoring on them this season :benficaflag
Mdot

Postby 1904 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:47 pm

This loan won't have a future buy on clause, would be shocked if it did. He is regarded highly and Atlético bought him for 10mil only this January.
Site Admin

Postby inMotionSLB » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Porto fans when were getting Salvio were like "oh he's so crap etc" then they found out their own cluib was after him "great potential! great player" now he signed for us, what are they gonna say? :lol2

Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Benfiquista » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:39 am

quite tasty :ok
Benfiquista

Postby Specialboots » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 am

Are we gonna put him in ramires spot? i think he'll fit good there
Specialboots
Junior

Postby nofumi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 am

he can play extremo in left side. also he plays second stricker.
He is good.
nofumi
Mascot

Postby helderslb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 am

i really hope he can come and make an impact right away!!!

:benficascarf
helderslb
First Team

Postby Benfiquista » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Portugoal wrote:
Benfica Seal Salvio's Signature
"I decided in two seconds"
Benfica had to stave off a lot of competition in order to land their latest acquisition Eduardo Salvio, but the club were successful in convincing the Atletico Madrid player to come over on loan. It was rumoured that FC Porto were looking to snatch the Argentine form their bitter rivals in the eleventh hour, but the player himself declared that there was no competition for his services as soon as Benfica entered the picture.

"I had other offers from various clubs in Italy and Spain, but when I knew of Benfica's interest, I wanted to come right away," admitted Salvio. "But when I knew of Benfica's project, I wanted to come. I decided in two seconds as I want to play in the Champions League. I have a lot of desire to succeed at Benfica. I expect everything to go well and win titles this year."

Salvio went further and added that he is also excited to know that he will play alongside the large contigent of Argentine imports at the Estadio da Luz. "The fact that Benfica have Aimar, Saviola, Jara and Gaitan also influenced my decision. I'm excited to train with them and the rest of my new friends."

I just hope he doesn't turn out like the last big hype loan player we got...Salvio's story is little bit like KerrShit...They were bought for big money and their respective clubs wanted to loan them out to gain experience...I know Kerrsion had many suitors including FC Merda before he signed with us and Salvio exactly did too...Let's just hope Salvio performs :pray
Benfiquista

Next

Return to Latest News and General Discussion