How to Become a Member

Latest on club politics, promotions, tickets, merchandise and non-sport related topics

Re: How to Become a Member

Postby arizonafanatic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:05 pm

inMotionSLB wrote:
arizonafanatic wrote:
inMotionSLB wrote:That's the second part of the form, just fill in what you can.

I'm not paying via direct debit,I just pay via the website and renew it when the time comes. If you pay by direct debit you get 2 free tickets I think, but there's no point if you won't be going to the Luz this season.

okay, where is the option to pay via the website? I wish there was an online form to fill out rather than having to mail one. It just feels like there are lines I am going to miss that I need to have to fill out. :wacko

Try this:

http://www.slbenfica.pt/Socios/KitSocio/kitsocio.asp
Click on Inscrição Online Imediata (Immediate registration) - can help with translation if you require

OR

Buy the actual pack from here (price includes 3 months fee as you leave further than 50km from the club)
http://www.slbenfica.pt/Loja/ProductDet ... 03&mark=01

I think the alternatives here might be better than filling out the form and sending it. Also, you should be able to choose if you want to automatically debit your card or not.

What is the difference between the immediate registration and the 2nd option you just gave as aren't you buying the pack from both? Too many ways to do the same thing. :wacko

I am looking at the immediate option one. Why is the first option asking if membership of the house of benfica? Is that asking if you are a member? Aren't you doing that by signing up for this? :|
arizonafanatic
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Put 'não' on that option, because apparently you can be a registered to a 'Benfica House' without being a sócio, but just say no.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi,

I've just been on the website and it looks like the only way to become a sócio is to buy the pack, is this correct? I've had a look around and couldn't find anything else. IN this pack, would there be an application form for me to fill out I assume and how much does it cost a year?

Cheers lads.
Jay
Mascot

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Yes you have to buy that pack, if you live 50km away from the stadium you pay 100 euros a year, but the pack includes 3 months already. You also get free O Mistica magazines throughout the year.

You also get lots of discounts and perks, but only useful if you live in Portugal.

But otherwise, if you are a member, you are pretty much guaranteed a ticket anytime.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby MJM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:22 pm

I just became a SOCIO do BENFICA!

Went to the Luz this morning and went to the "Loja do Socio" which is in the same building as the "Megastore" just farther down the hall. I bought the Socio Kit for 25 Euros there and then you just fill out the application. They need a photo of yourself for the Socio card, but if you have a photo ID (passport or license) they can just scan that photo. You get your card in just a couple minutes!

If you live outside Portugal, you are a "Socio Correspondente" like I am and the annual fee is 100 Euros a year (you can split the payments into 4 parts...25 Euros every 3 months). With the Kit you get a free BENFICA scarf, since the Kit price of 25 Euros covers your first 3 months of membership fees. You can also order the Kit online, but shipping was at least 25 Euros.

Afterward, I checked-out the Megastore and the CL 3-pack and then BenficaTV interviewed me...with my bad Portuguese.

Then I went on the Estadio da Luz tour, which is free for Socios. It takes about an hour. It starts with the miniature model of the Estadio da Luz and the older stadium that it replaced. Then you walk out into the stands and walk around half of the stadium (from meo, Cola-Cola to tmn) to the Corporate Club section beside the Presidents Box and you get to sit in the seats and take pictures and they give you a lot of time. Then you go down to the Away team dressing room, with Benfica fan photos all over the walls...haha. They have Benfica player jerseys hanging that you can take pictures with. Then you go in the Press Conference room and you can take pictures behind the table. Then you go out onto the pitch level through the pull-out tunnel. They take you around the pitch, from tmn stands with the team benches around the Cola-Cola goal posts, the meo stand and then to 15 feet away from the 2 eagles Gloriosa and Vítoria behind the Sagres goal posts. Last, you go to the trophy restoration department where behind glass you can see tons of trophies and historic items, including the Taca da Liga, Eusebio's cleats painted gold and the 2 European Champions Cups (former Champions League)!
Last edited by MJM on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJM
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Superb MJM!!

What's sócio number if you don't mind? I want to know how close we are to the 250,000 landmark!
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby MJM » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

I was 249,788 ... 212 Socios away from 250,000!

I didn't think about it until you mentioned it...it's crazy!

:benficaflag
MJM
Junior

Postby slbquista » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 am

That's a pretty amazing number - and to think we have more than Real Madrid, Manchester Utd, Barcelona, it's just incredible. :)
slbquista
Substitute

Postby 1904 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Although in 2015 the number will be purged, so all non paying members may lose their numbers and everything will be re-calculated.
Site Admin

Postby AFC_Portugal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey guys!

I live in London & I just bought a Socio Kit from the Benfica website. I am now unsure on what to do, do I have to fill out the form & pay a fee to actually become a socio?

Will i then recieve the 2 tickets as promised? Any help or info will be appreciated. Thanks
AFC_Portugal
Junior

Postby inMotionSLB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

you have to fill the form out but dont have to pay direct debit.

you need to receive the sócio card with your photo if you dont already have one.

the free tickets only come if you pay by direct debit. but as a sócio the tickets are not so expensive, so don't put too much weight on the free tickets.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Juan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 am

Hi guys,

I would like to become a member by the "Inscrição Online", the procedure seems relatively easy. However my main concern is if you choose to do it online, does it mean it would be direct debit automatically in the future?
Juan
Mascot

Postby Mdot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

I tried a few times and always got confused with the process, eventually I just signed up in person the last time I went to Portugal. Hopefully someone on here with success signing up can give a few pointers.
Mdot

Postby Juan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Actually I bought the socio pack at the stadium 2 years ago, but somehow I didnt complete the process (which I am quite regret). I still got the form with me now but just fear it would have lost if I post it here from Hong Kong....
Juan
Mascot

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi Juan, you should be able to sign up as direct debit and cancel the 'direct' part immediately, I don't see a reason how anyone can force that on.

They will then just send you reminders by email like the rest of us for example, but you pay whenever you want (but you have to cover what you have missed, if any, of course)
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Club News / Tickets / Memberships / Merch