Benfica Elections 2012

Latest on club politics, promotions, tickets, merchandise and non-sport related topics

Re: Benfica Elections 2012

Postby slbquista » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks inMotion. I really hope a terrestrial channel gets our games so I can actually watch them and not online!
slbquista
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:00 pm

LFV won with 83%.

Thanks Benfiquistas for voting on Handball and Hockey titles.

I'm slowly losing the will to live...
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby slbquista » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 am

I don't know much about either, but I've heard some of the positives and some negatives about Viera...
inMotion, I would be interested to hear why you would prefer Rangel? What do you think he would have dome that Viera wont etc?
slbquista
Substitute

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 am

slbquista wrote:inMotion, I would be interested to hear why you would prefer Rangel? What do you think he would have dome that Viera wont etc?

It's about what he wont do that Vieira does.

Vieira disrespects us and lies to our faces full out but we continue to be deaf and blind and vote for someone who only promisses and doesn't deliver. And this is a pure out fact.

Rangel may be risky, but I was willing to take that risk because we haven't improved in the last 4 years so I don't see why people still believe the nonsense he is saying.

I will await my 3 league titles, 1 european final, and 50 titles in other Sports in the next 4 years. It's what he sold to us and we believed :geez I will eat my words if we do, but I'm pretty sure I have more chances at the lottery.

Even if we win a title, next season the team would be disbanded and sold on.

Our structure is rotten to the core. LFV is NOT a Benfiquista and never will be. His interests lie elsewhere rather than winning titles, which is what we breathe.

I gave LFV a chance in 2007, hoping to see improvement from his previous mandate. However I have seen none of that. The guy has peaked and it's time for change (unfortunately not in the next four years now)

I dont want Benfica TV, I dont want a museum, I dont want Radio Benfica, I dont want basketball and volleyball titles, I dont want our stadium to be the festive saloon for Porto, I dont want our reputation to be destroyed in Europe like it has (we get no respect from anyone), I dont want our President to speak about the "truth in football" when he is the one who APPROVES of the current set of people at the top in Portuguese football. I dont want a president who made a club disappear (Alverca) because he couldn't manage their finances (our debt is 4-5 times higher since he joined us). I dont want to sell 100,000 kit sócios yet the number of people voting since 2000 and now has barely changed 5%! I dont want a president who doesnt show his face everytime we get humiliated, or someone who changes the club statures for his own gain, or someone who gives an obsecene number of votes to Casas do Benfica as a single body (where is the democarcy in that? no wonder he has opened as many as he could). I don't want a president who lies about our debt when this was communicated to CMVM and still denies it??, I dont want a president who REFUSES to a debate during elections like any democracy is expected to have.

I want Benfiquistas running the club, I want to win football titles, and more than anything else, I want our values back and what made Benfica's name and reputation in the past.

I will continue to sacrifice for Benfica when they are playing their 90minutes on the pitch, whether it's in arctic ice or in hell, I will try to be there to support them.

If he can't deliver his promisses, he shouldn't speak, and until he does deliver, he can fuck right off.

And I'm not sure if you are aware, what kind of democracy is it when those who oppose Vieira are physically assaulted when speaking out? (happened yesterday)

ALL Porto fans wanted Vieira to be re-elected... surely something is wrong here no??? Just thinking about this makes me sick. I can guarantee you Porto fans don't have our interests at their heart, so if they all want Vieira... why the hell do we want him? They can see it from miles away with Vieira they will walk the park for most titles but our own fans can't see this?

(slbquista, all the above is not pointed at you directly of course, just having my rant :up )

That's all, viva o :benfica
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby slbquista » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 am

Wow, thanks. Glad you've had your rant, but I wont really comment on what you've said as I don't really feel I know enough about the subject to do so correctly.

As much as I love having getting cheep south american players who are very talented play for us it would be a dream to win titles and be respected by just having a senior team fed by the b team and youth teams of portugues, and so producing a great national team.
also wiping out the debt, and as you say going by out past values. then I could be even more proud of benfica. :)
slbquista
Substitute

Postby 1904 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I guess 83% people are happy getting raped at the Luz.
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:53 pm

At the end of the day this guy that ran against him just said he knows what the club needs to win the title this year. LFV said it best after getting elected, if this guy knows some type of secret to win the title and is a Benfica fan, he's more then welcome to show LFV his plans.

I get the frustration with LFV but to me we need more then a last second contender with almost the exact same quotes and policies as LFV. He really didn't offer anything dramatically different. I agree we need a true Benfiquista. To me I would like to see Rui Costa continue to learn the business part from LFV and hopefully for the next election he could step up. I want someone who knows the game and what it takes to win but with a proper education/experience to ensure they don't bankrupt the club.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 pm

By the way, Rui Costa isn't the sporting director anymore, something that they don't tell you. You may need to re-think your thoughts.

LFV wants to see his plans because he himself has none! When have you ever seen a candidate programme from LFV? Never. So why does he have the plans and the other guy doesnt?

I am seriously going to hold him to this, if he delivers, it'll be the first time:
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby Forcaslb29 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Inmotion well said again.

Titles...thats what counts...thats what I want....thats what I havent gotten, and he still won...blows my mind.
Forcaslb29
First Team

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I happily want to be proved wrong.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Club News / Tickets / Memberships / Merch