Place in Lisbon to watch El Clásico?

Latest on club politics, promotions, tickets, merchandise and non-sport related topics

Place in Lisbon to watch El Clásico?

Postby spencey7 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello all,

I've just registered at Planet Benfica, so apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong place... (Mods - if you feel the need to move it please do!) I'm from Scotland and currently over in Lisbon for my very first Benfica game (this weekend vs Maratimo). Can't wait!

I just realised that the Barca-Real match will be kicking off very soon after the Benfica game - can anyone recommend a good place/bar to watch El Clásico? Somewhere reasonably convenient to get to with a good atmosphere, etc...? Any tips or recommendations gratefully recieved!

Many thanks in advance. :benficascarf
spencey7
Mascot

Re: Place in Lisbon to watch El Clásico?

Postby 1904 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi there and thanks for joining. Will move this thread to an appropriate forum later.

You will have to leave promptly if you want to catch the game before KO, not sure if anyone in Colombo will be showing the game, Porto also play at the same time if I am correct, but there must be a place in that huge shopping center showing it.

At the end of the day, almost any cafe or bar with tv will have the game.

Try and ask the hotel (if thats where you are staying) and they will be glad to help.
Site Admin

Postby spencey7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 am

Hi 1904, thanks for your reply.

I don't expect to catch the beginning of the Barca-Real game (will still be soaking up the atmosphere at Estadio da Luz!) but it's good to know there will be plenty of places showing the game afterwards. I think Porto do indeed play at the same time. Is there a "football bar" somewhere central that you (or anyone else) would recommend...? It would be nice to get somewhere with a good atmosphere, although given it will be Saturday night I'm sure that will be the case anyway!

(We're staying in a self-catering apartment as opposed to a hotel, hence I turned to the boards for advice :))
spencey7
Mascot

Postby 1904 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Dont really know any specific place. You would do well to ask around, maybe even some Benfiquistas in the stadium
Site Admin

Return to Club News / Tickets / Memberships / Merch