BenficaTV

Latest on club politics, promotions, tickets, merchandise and non-sport related topics

Re: BenficaTV

Postby inMotionSLB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:27 pm

I hope to share your joy someday in the future... but there may not be a market here :surr
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

BenficaTV

Postby Mdot » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=707534
Benfica TV channel available on MEO and Cabovisão, acquired the rights to broadcast 180 games for various clubs and teams.

Manchester United (Nani), Chelsea (André Villas-Boas, Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira, Hilary, David and Luis Ramires), Liverpool (Raul Meireles), Barcelona, ​​Vasco da Gama (Eder and Luis Bastos Fellipe, both lent by the embodied ), AC Milan, Inter Milan, Valencia, Palm Trees (ex-picker Luiz Felipe Scolari's Portuguese), São Paulo, Flamengo (Ronaldinho), Estudiantes de la Plata, Velez Sarsfield are some of the biggest clubs in the world right in the transmission Benfica channel, in direct or deferred.

The package also includes the transmission of some pre-season tournaments such as the Dublin Super Cup (Manchester City, Inter Milan and Celtic) and the Audi Cup 2011 (Bayern Munich, Barcelona, ​​AC Milan and Internacional of Porto Alegre), games preparation of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Games of qualifying for the Mundial'2014 Benfica will also appear in TV, although the example given - Brazil's games - is not correct, since the escrete canary, for being the host country, is automatically calculated for the next Championship world.

This channel just keeps getting better and better. My dad has the bootleg Dish Network here in Canada so when ever I stop by his place I get to watch a little bit. For those non-Canadians on here we don't have this channel so the only way to get it is to get a bootleg Dish Network box.

Anyways for the Canadians on here I found out that Bell takes channel recommendations from consumers. They have a live chat and spoke with a rep which told me that if someone asks for a channel the send it to their marketing department. The more requests the more likely they'll start offering. So for any Canucks on here, go and ask for it and hopefully we can get this as an option from Bell.
Mdot

Postby Benfiquista » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 pm

^REALLY!!!??? :shock1 :shock1 :shock1
Benfiquista

Postby 1904 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah they will be showing loads of games, including World Cup internationals. this way even non benfica fans will have to watch the channel to see a game ahah!

Quite a few of these games will be friendlies too, but still a good initiative.

Pity we can't officially get it in the UK.
Site Admin

Postby Mdot » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:00 am

I still think this was one of the best things Benfica did. Every time their TV rights come up for renewal SpotTV has two options, pay us more or we'll air our own games and collect the ad revenue. Each year the channel gets a little better which increases the amount of ad dollars we can collect and therefore every time the contract comes up they have to pay us more or the games get moved over.

Real and Barca control their TV rights and they make a killing on TV rights internationally. Many of the other leagues like the EPL, MLS, etc... the TV rights are controlled by the league so it's harder for teams like ManU to get these extra ad dollars. What we'll need is a good performance the CL which will bring more international demand for the channel.
Mdot

Postby inMotionSLB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:04 am

Even though it's not only about Benfica, you can see the potency of our brand, it's phenomal.
Бенфика
inMotionSLB
Site Admin

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 am

The Benfica Brand is massive and this will only help....
SLB
Manager

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:29 am

In which countries can you get Benfica TV?
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:42 am

With the right equipment you can get it anywhere......
There is a cafe near where I live that has it when officially you cannot get it in the UK
SLB
Manager

Postby MichaelSLB » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

So in other words with this equipment you can install Benfica TV without any subscriptions, payments and is free?
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby Mdot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:46 pm

My old man has it here in Canada when it isn’t offered by any provider here. What he has is a bootleg Disk box and setup his own dish. He does this since the US has a larger range of Portuguese programming, including the full SportTV and BenficaTV which we don’t get here in Canada. We only have a small part of SportTV at a massive cost. If there is any other way of getting BenficaTV/SportTV here I would be all over it as I hate watches some of the online feeds.
Mdot

Postby Mdot » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:27 am

So I've been saying for a long time that LFV has been setting up Benfica for success with their TV station for this one day. As SportsTV kept getting buddy buddy with Porto, Benfica gave them a nice warning early last seasons saying if their announcers don't stop trash talking Benfica and talking as Porto is all holy that we would pull our TV rights. I remember them calling BS and now our rights came up and we just sold our rights to another stations LOL. We're now making 2x's more than Porto per season on TV rights alone and 5x's more than what SportTV was paying us.

I love it. Anyways here is the roughly translated article from Abola. I have no clue what this means for us Canadians with SportTV but f' it. Anything to screw Porto and bring extra cash to our club makes me smile. Think of what $40million extra pre season can bring in new talent. :benficaflag

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=277263
Imminent agreement to sell the games for Benfica to 40 million per season!Why Drafting

Pais do Amaral will be the buyer. Budget is five times what it currently pays SportTV. Oliveira has right of first refusal ... Luis Filipe Vieira and Miguel Pais do Amaral, chairman of the board of directors of Media Capital, owner of TVI, are about to conclude the negotiations for the sale of television rights for the Benfica game, for a period three years, from 2013, for a sum of 40 million euros per season, five times more than the current incarnation of the contract to fit SportTV. Since the beginning of the process of negotiating television rights for Benfica, which coincided with the inauguration of Luis Filipe Vieira after the 2009 elections, the leader incarnate repeatedly said that the club was to be paid below their worth by television rights and always seek the solution that best defend the interests of Benfica. However, he never stopped saying it would give Sportinvest and Joaquim Oliveira, who is currently on contract, right of first refusal if equaled the best offer. However, since the Benfica currently receives eight million per season and the amount in question, according to sources close to Pais do Amaral, is five times more, will not be easy to Joaquim Oliveira match stopped ... But the issue also involves contours complicated, as regards Joaquim Oliveira, once the contract is negotiated with FC Porto provides that, regardless of the entity with which the Benfica to reach agreement, the amount receivable by dragons can never be less than 80 percent of the eagles receive (between 2013 and 2018, FC Porto has an agreement with Joaquim Oliveira to receive 20.7 million per season). This means that if the best bid for Benfica is 40 million euros per season, Joaquim Oliveira will automatically raise the proceeds of the dragons to 32 million per season. Against this background, there is a revolution going on in the sport TV in Portugal, especially in regard to football. On the one hand, sources close to Amaral's parents say they are prepared for a project in this area over the course of the Benfica game, on the other, the recent acquisition by the Benfica TV, about 200 international games, makes it from now, a direct competitor of an asset and SportTV additional mounts to the platform MEO, which is broadcast for ZON of Joaquim Oliveira who is a shareholder of reference, which has no rights to the television incarnation. Read more at printed edition of the Ball
Mdot

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:46 am

Does this mean that the Benfica games will no longer be broadcasted on Sport TV?.... And 40 million is a good deal for Benfica a season. I feel every season Benfica is getting more an more income which will be good for the future. :benficascarf
MichaelSLB
First Team

Postby SLB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 am

€40M a season..... :ok
SLB
Manager

Postby MichaelSLB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:15 pm

That's a huge amount of money :lol2 . In 5 seasons we would of made 200 million. Really happy Benfica got this deal. :slbscarf
MichaelSLB
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Club News / Tickets / Memberships / Merch